“great day”

Rainbow Funhouse
Ranked #39 of 63 things to do in Torquay
“great day”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

parents are suppose to look after thier own children instead of passing the buck just like any play ground thier are risks only time there will be none is wrap them in cotton wool and dont let them outside,
i found it great and yes hetic and mayhem but thats great for kids to interact certainly bought mine out from being scared and carefull, to flying down the slide at full speed and rushing to do it again.
i did lose my grandaughter for about 3 mins when she first went down a slide and dissappeared but she has a great time and was a lot braver than i would be on the free fall slide.
i certainly intend to go again and look out for a season ticket deal and make it a regular event

Visited April 2014

South Devon, United Kingdom
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“First visit”
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

I took my two God children here today and we all had a good laugh. I am judging as a novice having no children of my own, so please bare this in mind. I have not been to any others.
This place seems quite some size (an old church) there is plenty for the kids to do and keep them entertained, and they can easily burn off some excess energy.
They serve food and drinks and really quite reasonable and there are plenty of places to sit down to eat even on a Saturday lunchtime.
There is a lower area for the younger kids with a ball pool, slide etc and then upstairs is the much larger area for older kids inc death slide etc. you can follow your children around easily through the tunnels which is good to keep them safe.
The downside here is the cleanliness. It really is overdue a good clean and freshen up. Some of the bits are dated and could so with bringing in line with the modern world. I know it can't be easy to keep things Presteigne with kiddies hands and feet everywhere but it really could do with a good clean.

I hope this helps

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Elliott F
Torquay, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience !!”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I am a local, and I have been reading the comments on here about the rainbow funhouse. I take my children there every week after school as the absolutely love it! In all of my experiences down the fun house I have not thought "this place is dirty" people are forgetting that it's an old church so there are certain places which are very difficult to clean, but still even in those areas the place is tidy and you can see it is thoroughly cleaned. The staff there are lovely and are always wiping down the tables, asking if you would like any assistance clearing down your table, making sure the place is tidy. As i said earlier my children absolutely love the place and get so excited for Wednesday to come around so they can go to the funhouse.

Overall great value for money, and by far the best play centre in the bay, as it has areas for all ages to play in, and just an all round well run business (:

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Basketball1234
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Needs a good clean....”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Terrible place, so dirty and unsafe! Needs sanitising and maintainance! Also stank! Dreadful, will not be visiting again!

Visited February 2014
6 Thank thewinkycrew
Torquay, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Great value for money & the kids love it.”
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I'm local & have tried all the play areas but this is the one my son will always pick when asked, we like the others but he will be bored after an hour but after 3 hours here I have to drag him out & there is so much to do the kids really wear themselves out!

I see some people are very quick to point the finger on here but there is a huge difference between dirty & tired, this place is not dirty ( & I'm a clean freak)
but definitely tired in places but then it gets a lot of abuse from all the kids & these things all cost money & we are in a recession but nothing is, as some put "dangerous" besides they wouldn't be trading if it was, just needs a bit of tlc & maintenance, think it would really benefit from a deep clean though as it is very dusty mainly up the stairs & need to get someone up a ladder into the eves to get the amazing Halloween style cobwebs down!

It is an old monastery & it does smell of damp when you first walk in but some of these play places smell of kids sweat! & without major money on a damp course there really isn't a lot they can do & nothing is wet, it doesn't feel damp & you do get used to the musty smell!
It can be cold in there though so take a hoody or thick jumper & something to read as the kids will be busy for hours, some of the stain glass windows have small breaks in so this also cant help to keep the cold out & could easily be patched over & the rope bridges are sticky from little hands & dust but its all so minor & really doesn't reserve the bad rap its getting on here.
The staff are great but are not there to babysit your kids that's your responsibility & if other kids are causing a problem go & tell a member of staff as they are very friendly & helpful, I really don't know what people expect for a couple of quid!!

Its always packed with happy kids & families when I'm there so it cant be that bad its just that people are more likely to come online to complain than if they have had a good time, shame really as it shouldn't be like that, also always have a good range of hot & cold snacks & drinks at good prices so keep up the good work we will be back!!!

Visited January 2014