“Hidden Treasure of Torquay”

Rock Garden Cafe Bar
Ranked #20 of 336 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Italian, Bar, Pizza, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Rock Garden only opened a couple of years ago but has quickly become the place to be. This is due in part to our delicious food of either freshly made pizzas cooked in our wood burning stone oven(The only one in the area)or our legendary burgers and juicy steaks. We have much more then that though ranging from salads to sandwiches and soups to stews as well as a separate Vegan, Vegetarian & Gluten free menu. As expected all our food is freshly made and prepared on the premises. The other reason behind Rock Gardens success is the largest outdoor space in Torquay town. The garden has to be seen to be believed, during the summer you can soak up the sun while enjoying our food, jugs of Pimms or even our cocktails. In the evening the Rock Garden really comes into its own having recently built an amazing stage to showcase our fantastic live music every Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday which offers a variety of bands covering music from Motown and The Beatles up to recent acts such as Bruno Mars, Bieber, The Killers and even acoustic versions of famous pop songs! For more information check out our Facebook page, call or pop in.
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Hidden Treasure of Torquay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Having travelled from Plymouth to Torquay we felt a little peckish, so walking down the main shopping street, hidden back we came to the Rock Garden. Inside it was empty but the garden area was starting to get busy. There was enough choices on the menu, so as there was 3 of us we choose 3 dishes. You go to the bar to order & the staff are very friendly & helpful. We waited some 20 minutes but as the food was cooked to order, it was no problem. And boy was the food delicious. We had a cheese & bacon burger with wedges, salad & 2 types of mayonnaise. Chicken sandwich (can't recall filling) and crisps. And a Rock Garden pizza. And it was reasonably priced as well. !
The staff were young and very attentive. This was one of the best restaurants that I have been to in a long time.
The ladies rooms were some of the best I've been to.!!!
I cannot recommend this highly enough and we all had a delightful time.
Would go there again like a shot.

Visited August 2014

• Polish first
Torquay
“Average ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch this afternoon and I ordered a jacket potato with cheese and shared a garlic pizza bread, although my jacket potato was a fair size I really didn't like the fact that the cheese was grilled on the top so that it was crispy, (leaving only the top half of the potato with any cheese and a plain potato as the remainder). The garlic pizza bread was nice but not very garlicky. My partners steak was nice although he basically had to cook it for himself!
I would like to try a pizza and a cocktail on another occasion, but I was very disappointed with my food today

1 Thank PrincessBx
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Lunchtime treat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Met up with a few.family members during my lunch break. Lovely suntrap in their spacious garden. Quick friendly service. The snacks nachos wedges etc are 2 for a fiver. Excellent value.

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Lovely outside space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

myself husband and daughter had lunch at the rock garden. it was lovely to sit outside in the sunshine and have lunch. the outside area was clean and tidy and i liked the way the tables were not too close together. the food was beautifull and the presentation was very good.The only negative i have is one of the waitreses had scimpy shorts on. i don't think they are appropriate for serving food at lunch time. But that is a personel choice. i would definitely visit again.

• Visited July 2014
“Lovely interior”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Seen this restaurant as passing by a few times but never went in as it looked bleek from the outside. Decided to have a look when in town the other day. Really surprised and impressed by the decor and garden. Went there tonight for a meal, it was lovely. Had a balcony seat. The service was second to none and the food excellent. I had goats cheese salad and it was amazing. The potatoe wedges I ordered as a side were home made and done to a T. I will be coming back again and would highly recommend. There was also live music that's was just at the right noise level and very good.

• Visited July 2014