“brilliant staff, immaculate room and great offers”

Grosvenor Hotel Torquay
Ranked #21 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 21 April 2014

The grosvenour was a first choice when choosing a hotel to stay in due to watching a programme about it and hearing that it had a new owner and was doing extremely well. The staff are just lovely! They go above and beyond for their guests and are always very welcomng caring. The hotel room itself was immaculate and extremely clean. I was very surprised at how light the room was and airy. The view from the room was perfect as we could see the sea from it easily and loved looking at the surroundings. The bar was lovely and entertainment was very good as helped lighten the mood. Was a lovely place to catch up with a friend who also decided to stay at the grosvenour due to the very reasonable and cheap prices for easter weekend. The night porter was very jelpful and served us at the bar when the bar staff had gone. The hotel throughout is very clean and well kept. Breakfast was very lovely and staff were all so welcoming and caring. Staff allowed you to get sat down and get yours a drink nefore asking what hot breakfast you wanted. I had a full english breakfast which was lovely as had a bit of everything and tasted lovely only apart from the sausages which seemed not a fresh as the rest but this didn't make any difference to the lovely service and quality of the hotel. I'm really looking forward to anotjer stay very soon.

Room Tip: We were ment to have a standard double room but were given the optional to upgrade for £10 which we...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ops M, Manager at Grosvenor Hotel Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Bethany,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a wonderful review. I am so pleased that you had a lovely stay and that the staff made it even more special for you.

We have spent a great deal of time modernising the hotel rooms and am pleased that you commented so positively about them.

I have passed on your great feedback to all the team and I do hope that you will be visiting us again soon!

There are newer reviews for Grosvenor Hotel Torquay

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Really good location close to shops, town centre and the train station. Room was good and a decent size however got hot and when we opened the window it smelt of chip fat and had a large extractor fan that made a lot of noise. When booking we were told there would be evening entertainment however, due to lack of bookings in the hotel they didn't book one as it would have cost too much for a small amount of people. This is fair enough however, we shouldn't have been told there was. The indoor was good however, we had to get out when there was a swimming lesson and in the hot tub there was spiders around it on the walls so I didn't bother. All staff were very friendly and breakfast was really nice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nisha5678

Dear nisha5678,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am sorry to hear that you had a couple of issues whilst staying with us. Unfortunately, during low season, we are unable to have live entertainment, but we do offer bar games for guests who prefer to stay in the lounge throughout the evening.

Our indoor leisure facilities are thoroughly daily and are regularly checked throughout the day by the Manager on Duty. I can only apologise if there was an insect close to the hot tub.

Unfortunately in the hotel, we do not have any form of air conditioning, but we do try to keep all areas at an acceptable temperature for all of our guests and apologise if it was a little too warm for you. I will be closely monitoring this, so thank you for bringing this to my attention.

We do look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to us.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My daughter and I enjoyed our stay very much. The staff were exceptionally pleasing, room very pleasant, food great and outdoor pool fantastic. Was amazing value for money and we will certainly be visiting again very soon!

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank Christinesadventures

Dear Christinesadventures,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a positive review.

I am so please that you had a wonderful time and that the staff gave you their good service. Positive feedback is always t
lovely to receive and I have passed on your comments.

We all look forward to seeing you here again very soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed because we had seen the TV program and I must say it is nothing like that now. The hotel has started the process of refurbishing, the bar and restaurant has been done to a very high standard, modern and stylish, the rooms are large and well thought out and the beds are a dream sleep.
The staff are attentive, friendly and provide the best service I have seen, Lucy took time in her busy day to chat, the reception staff we're fantastic and the bar and restaurant staff just couldn't do enough for us.
The restaurant manager although new certainly knows how to provide a client based service where nothing was too much trouble, I was extremely impressed with him and how focused he was in making this restaurant the best it could be.
I stayed quite recently in the Grosvenor's sister hotel the Grand and I must say I preferred the Grosvenor hands down it certainly deserves a 4* rating I have no doubt.
A couple of very small points to make and I am being picky the shower in our room was not good as it had very low water pressure and given the standard of furniture and décor I believe spending a little more on a decent shower would be well worth the expense and if I was the hotel management I would refurbish the reception as priority as first impressions count and if I hadn't been so intrigued I may have walked back out of the hotel without seeing the rest.. One last point is the ironing board we were given was like ironing on a down hill skiing slope, they need checking and replacing.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mrs. Fuller,

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us such a lovely review. It is fantastic to hear that you had a good experience with us! I try to meet with as many guests as I can to personally get their feedback and ensure their stay with us is a good one.

I take you feedback regarding water pressure, ironing board and both these issues are in the process of being addressed - as is the makeover of our tired reception area.

Hopefully, when you return, you will see even more changes and improvements!

Reviewed 4 April 2014

we love it here ,the staff are fantastic nothing is too much trouble for any of them ,a real traditional old fashioned feeling,feels like a hotel should ,rooms are lovely and we have been in quite a few now all of which were superb , staff go out of their way for you

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Ddarylb, General Manager at Grosvenor Hotel Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Thank you very much for the lovely comments regarding yet another visit. We so look forward to returning guests and you are not alone. Thank you for pointing out the staff especially as they work so hard and interact so well with all our guests, many thanks once again, Daryl and the team.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

good visit, friendly staff, very helpful. bright sunny room, great value! Old feeling, a bit tired maybe to the hotel in general, but staff try hard to dispel this.

Excellent value as we were travelling in March. Obviously upgrading the hotel as we were there, putting a little restaurant/cafe on the front of the parking area, adjacent to road.

Room Tip: had corner room, nice and sunny and quiet, would have preferred bigger bed than just a double
1  Thank Ann W

Dear Ann, many thanks for the lovely comments regarding your stay, the Keiths Diner is now up and running and serving over a 100 covers a night which certainly gives all our future guests a second choice eatery and proving very popular with the local families. It was a pleasure to look after you. Daryl and the team.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at The Grosvenor. Warm welcome, friendly courteous staff and excellent food. The room was light spacious and well - appointed. The room and the en suite bathroom were spotlessly clean. There is also a hair salon in the hotel which was an added bonus. We can thoroughly recommend this relaxing hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chris, many thanks for the comments, you are one of the few who has pointed out the attention to cleanliness at the hotel, it is certainly a credit to Caroline and Joyce who control their housekeeping dept and they will be pleased to read this. Unfortunately the hairdressers you mentioned will shortly be replaced with a childrens activity area as we look to accommodate families going into the summer months and we have successfully opened the eatery Keiths Diner along side the hotel which has proven very successful with over 100 covers a day giving more choice for all our guests. Thank you once again, Daryl and the team.