“Lovely non-chain cafe”

Green Leaf Cafe Torquay
Ranked #6 of 357 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We are an independent, local, family run cafe offering breakfast and light lunches. Our varied breakfast menu is served from 10:00 - 11:30 and includes full English, vegetarian and homemade pancakes. Our coffee is locally roasted just around the corner and we also offer loose leaf teas and hot chocolate. Our tasty lunch menu includes healthy options, vegetarian dishes, delicious chefs specials and our famous home made burgers. (Last food orders are taken at 14.30). We have seating on ground level, first floor and also outside.
Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

We stumbled across Green Leaf Cafe when looking for a reasonably priced non-chain cafe for lunch in Torquay. I'm very glad to have stopped here!

The food was reasonably priced, good quality and very yummy! I'd recommend taking a look at the specials board. My choice was a Moroccan spiced lamb burger with quinoa salad and hummus. We even had room for a cupcake (the carrot cake cupcake was fab) and hot chocolate (which was extremely chocolatey).

The people who run the cafe are also very friendly.

We hope to go again next time we visit Torquay.

Reviewed 23 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in because I heard they did white hot chocolate, & I have to say it knocked the socks off of Costa's attempt, so I know where I'll be getting my white hot chocolates from in future and it won't be costa.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

This is a small place up a short side street off the main pedestrian shopping area. We called in yesterday on the look-out for a light lunch, attracted by the hope that the name, "The Green Leaf" suggested something other, and better, than ubiquitous tuna mayo sandwiches on recently thawed out plastic bread. It was a hot day, so all the outside seating was occupied, and I wasn't looking forward to eating indoors but the style of decoration, so fresh and light, and the friendly welcome helped overcome that. The inside seating was comfortable and relatively few in number. I selected an multi-grain wrap with falaffel, haloumi and chick peas. This, and my companions' choices, was served with a fresh salad and good coleslaw. If I have a criticism about this it is that the salad came 'pre-dressed' - not everyone wants this - but then I could have asked. My only disappointment was that a juice drink I ordered, and started, turned out to be beyond its "best before " date; not by much, but this is a black mark. Having said that the management were quick to apologise and replace it with an alternative. The selection of soft drinks was limited and I think a cafe offering such thoughtful food can afford to think more creatively than sugar loaded juices. I don't know what else is available in Torquay that caters for veggies, but this is worth a punt.

Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

What a welcoming little pit-stop for lunch. That makes it sound basic,it's not, rather it's pretty and clean and adorned with local art. Atmosphere was lovely and friendly. Not overbearing but great and attentive service. But best of all was the tasty food. Warm salad, the roasted root vegetables were delicious and perfect for a spring lunch. The mushroom and haloumi burger was a treat.both were from the menu but there are specials too All freshly cooked, very tasty and a visual delight. We will be back. Can't wait to see what specials are on too.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I'm always popping in on my lunch breaks and when just popping into town! The food is just beautiful and they always have there specials on which if you are in and the sweet chili burgers on I advice you to try it! The staff are lovely and so welcoming nothings any trouble great place to eat!

1  Thank ChantelleAP