The Cimon
US$126
US$126
US$122
Travelocity
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$85
Priceline
US$145
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfree pool tableheated poolfull englishtown centrebreakfast was excellentcold buffetfresh fruitlovely hotelsuperior roomsea viewwarm welcomenew ownerswould highly recommend this hotelcar parkon arrivalfour poster bedleave the car
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Just returned from a 1 night stay. The owner couldn't had been more helpful/friendly. The rooms were newly decorated and although it was the end of May, and not that warm, the heating was still on which was a nice touch I have stayed in many hotels & b&b, quite often they turn the heating off because it is 'summer' but the rooms are quite cold. Wish the owners every success for the future,, they deserve to do well because of the hard work & excellent customer service they provide.

Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thanks for your kind comments - see you again for a longer break I hope!

Reviewed 23 May 2013

Stayed in the Cimon as 2 couples for my sister-in-laws 60 birthday, we had room 6 which featured a 4 poster bed. The room was spotlessly clean and beautifully decorated. The way in which chocolates were left on the bed and the folder full of all sorts of useful information spoke volumes for the attention to detail that was to make our stay so special. The hotel is ideally placed near the centre and is a short walk to the harbour, we left the car in the car park and walked everywhere. I had forgotten how pleasent it is to be on the receiving end of really good service. How different to the surliness that passes for service in the average 4* Spanish hotel on All Inclusive. Adam and Anita clearly believe that when it comes to making their guests feel at home, nothing is too much trouble. We managed to spend a very pleasent couple of hours by the pool with drinks from the bar enjoying late afternoon sunshine. I elected not to try the pool as I had forgotten my trunks and didn't want to frighten the neighbors, but it is a real sun trap. We sampled the bar after a meal in the town and found that Adam stocks a really good range of drinks at reasonable prices. An excellent nights sleep was followed by an excellent breakfast, cooked to order. Adam is full of useful local knowledge including a short cut down into the town centre. We were sorry when Monday morning arrived and we had to leave. I made a promise to myself as I left that I would retun later in the year for a second stay. If you are looking for somewhere special to stay in Torquay please take my word for it this is a genuinely lovely hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms 6 and 7 are smashing
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thanks for the lovely review - I hope to see you all again! And many thanks for booking direct rather than through Booking.com etc - it really is much appreciated.

Reviewed 20 May 2013

We booked a family room mid May for 3 nights. Just two of us the first night, with a daughter joining us for the remainder of the stay. We were allocated room 5, ground floor.
From the warm welcome on arrival to the moment we left, this was a very enjoyable stay.
the room was very comfortable and spacious, the service was perfectly pitched - friendly, attentive and efficient.
We had great advice from the hosts about places to eat locally, with a knockout breakfast that was prepared to order . We didn't try the pool or sun terrace as it was cold weather, but they looked very inviting nonetheless. The Cimon was really good value for money, and we hope to stay here next time we're in the area.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thanks for your review, sorry you didn't get to use the pool though! It's very popular at the moment! See you again I hope (better prices if you book direct next time!).

Reviewed 19 May 2013

My husband and I have just come home from a lovely weekend stay at the cimon, The owners Adam and Anita was very helpful and made us feel very welcome, we will definately stay there again. The room was very nice, they upgraded us to a sea view room. We would definately recommend this hotel.

Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thanks for the review, I hope you bring your children with you next time! Remember to ring or come to us directly for best prices and availability though!

Reviewed 16 May 2013

Had a weeks' holiday from the 4th May this year. Went with our son and 3 year old granddaughter. Made very welcome by Adam and Anita and nothing was too much trouble. The breakfast was very good and plentiful with the cooked breakfast and side buffet. They even moved us to a larger room as our granddaughter was spending a lot of time with us and Anita said we may like more space which was very nice. Little Amelia settled in quickly and was always made to feel welcome.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone wishing to stay in Torquay and hopefully we will be returning next year.

Room Tip: Upper floors have very good sea views from the front.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Thanks for the lovely review, we really enjoyed your company - especially little Amelia, she was great fun! See you again I hope. All the best, Adam.