The Cimon
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$103
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfree pool tableheated poolfull englishtown centrebreakfast was excellentcold buffetfresh fruitlovely hotelsuperior roomsea viewwarm welcomenew ownerswould highly recommend this hotelcar parkon arrivalfour poster bedleave the car
Reviewed 15 September 2013

If you are looking for excellent value accommodation, close to town - then look no further than the homely Cimon. You won’t find blue rinse, coach parties here!
Adam and his staff, bend over backwards to provide the guests with a great service. Vegetarians are catered for as well. There is a definite family feel to the place.
The cosy downstairs bar is a great place to end your evening and it has a good range of wines - no doubt scrutinised by Adam! And if the weather had been awful, which thankfully it wasn't - it was useful to know there was plenty to do with the pool table and range of games and books.
So if you succumb to the charms of Torquay, I am sure you will be back time and time again. Well done, Adam and Anita – your hard work is appreciated!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2013

Thanks for the lovely review! I can confirm that we tested every wine before making up the wine list - it was a tough job having to sample so many bottles to come up with our list... I'm glad it was appreciated! See you again I hope - please book direct in future!

Reviewed 8 September 2013

It was my first weekend getaway and I am so glad we choose this place. We checked-in late but we are greeted and accomodated by no less than the friendly Mr Adam. Although it was a short stay, we are very comfortable. Thanks to Mr Adam who provide all the information we need to explore the place. Everything went perfectly smooth. I highly recommended this place especially to my friends planning to visit Torquay.

• Stayed: September 2013
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thanks for the great review - I hope to see your friends here soon! Please remind them to book direct for the best deals!

Reviewed 5 September 2013

welcoming, clean and good comfortable bed. I had a room with a sea view which was bright and quiet. the breakfasts and bar meals were very good [and large]. the pool was clean and warm.
the en-suite is small but adequate so long as you are not too large!
Adam and Anita are excellent hosts.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thanks for your review, it was a pleasure having you here - it's funny how I used to live round the corner from you! See you again I hope.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We stayed three days and had a great stay.The room was clean and comfortable and the full English Breakfast was excellent.Adam was very helpful and made reservations for us at good restaurants.No problems....well recommended.
Terry &Vera

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Thanks for your review. It's always a relief when people like the restaurants I recommend!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

This is a story of firsts. I have never left a review for any hotel. So it's fitting that my first review will be very easy indeed.

There is a genuine and very warm welcome waiting for guests at this hotel. Unlike some other hotels who a very happy to get them in, fed and out by the a fixed time all accompanied by a fake grin, there is none of this impersonal stuff at the Cimon . You see, Adam cares about each and every one of his guests as he's just a decent bloke who really wants you to enjoy your stay in whatever way takes your fancy. So there's no hint of the corporate meet and greet routine of other hotels. In fact Adam doesn't have to try too hard to make you feel at home as it all comes naturally.

The hotel is centrally located for the myriad of things Torquay has to offer and it is also well placed as a base for trips further afield.

Rooms are clean and tidy and surprisingly have all of the mod cons available at much larger, well established hotel chains. The en suite bathroom in our room was a tad small but it was more than sufficient for our needs. Let's be honest if the main reason for your trip is to stay in a bathroom then perhaps you need to think about what there is to do on the other side of the door. Step away from from the bathroom. There's a whole world of wonder out there beyond the soap and the shower gel.

Breakfasts are excellent. Perhaps I could only have improved my enjoyment of these had I remembered to bring my auxiliary stomach.

Our son found the heated pool more attractive than a moth does an electric light.

So what was negative about this trip?

5 nights wasn't long enough. And this is first for me!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Wow, thanks for all that! It's nice to know our efforts are welcome, reviews like this really help to keep us motivated :)

See you again I hope! Please book direct in future!