“A pleasure in every way”
Review of The Cimon

The Cimon
Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room and breakfast were excellent, but what truly distinguished The Simon was Adam’s extraordinary hospitality. When my daughter mentioned my sore back, Adam dashed out to our car to grab my suitcase and haul it up the stairs to our room. As we had arrived somewhat late on a cold evening, Adam directed us to dinner to the closest good restaurant that was still open. The next morning he gave us valuable recommendations on visiting the town. Throughout our stay Adam was unfailingly helpful and charming. While I assume that Torquay has guesthouses that offer comparable facilities, it’s hard to imagine that any of them have a more gracious host.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thanks for your kind words! I try to help because I love my job :) I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in England.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We did a last minute booking and got the last family room, arrived early evening and was greeted by Adam, nothing was too much trouble,so friendly and helped us get our bearings around the town! The room was big and airy with 3 single beds, and a petite en suite! very comfortable and wished we could've stayed longer and didn't have to get back for work and school! Breakfast was lovely:cereal,bread rolls,fresh fruit and fully cooked English (with veggie options too),and fresh filtered coffee on tap, what a choice! A big car park and so close to the town and harbour. Adam and Anita are fantastic hosts and will do anything to make sure you enjoy your stay, will definately be back again, hopefully in the summer when the pool is open, will recommend to all my friends, thank you for making our overnight stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thanks for the lovely review! I look forward to seeing you again - remember to book direct for the best deal!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have stayed here on a few occasions since last September, first with my partner, then with my two young children then again a few days ago with my mother. So I have stayed in four different rooms there. All are beautifully decorated and extremely cosy. The staff are so friendly and helpful and can cater for all needs. I highly recommend this beautiful place and as a regular visitor from Bedford I will not be staying anywhere else but here!

• Stayed: August 2013
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thanks, it was nice to see you again!

Please book direct next time! We guarantee the best rates when you book direct and it helps us not having to pay commission!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Wonderful hosts and a breakfast to beat all others X Highly Recommended *****
Nice rooms and décor .
A perfect place to explore Devon from.

Central to Torquay, good parking and did I mention the breakfast !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thanks for the review - "nobody leaves hungry" is Anita's motto! Nice to hear it's appreciated :)

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Steve and Melissa .
What a lovely hotel , lovely room, and facilities within.
Adam made us very welcome, took a lot of time to chat, and advise on where to go in Torquay.
Anita , cooked an amazing full English breakfast that kept us going till well into the afternoon, and the selection of fresh fruit and cereals was fantastic , the best breakfast I've had.
Would recommend the cimon to everybody, was lovely in February so can imagine it would be outstanding during the summer months when you would be able to use the swimming pool.
Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2014
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thank you for your kind comments - I hope you come back when the pool is open! We're opening it up for Easter this year (slightly earlier than usual).

Don't forget to book direct for the best deals!

Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

We very much enjoyed our stay last week, and Adam and Anita are one of the best hoteliers that I have yet come across. You can't really go wrong with staying at The Cimon. Some of the rooms are a bit on the small side, but they make up for it with their big hearts! We were hoping for a Basil Fawlty-esque hotelier but because Adam is flawless, the search for a terrible Torquay hotel continues. And we had a sea view - exactly what we asked for from this delightful Devon coastal resort! We will be back, we loved it here.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

I've had a few Basil moments, thankfully most of them have been in private!

See you again I hope!

Reviewed 26 February 2014

When we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by Adam. He made us very welcomed and as others have said nothing was to much trouble. when we booked the hotel we told them about certain difficulties with walking and this was taken into account and given a room on the ground floor. very friendly atmosphere. Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Torquay. Easy access to town. Thanks Adam and his family for a great couple of days. Sarah & Keith

Room Tip: if you have a problems they will try there best to help in any way