“45 Th Wedding Anniversary break.”
Review of The Cimon

The Cimon
Ranked #15 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My wife and I booked a late one night break in the Cimon hotel Torquay to celebrate our 45 Th Wedding Anniversary.
Not only were we lucky with the weather we were lucky with our choice of Hotel it was fantastic.
Our room was spotlessly clean with a very large bed,large flat screen television and good quality furniture.
A very good full english breakfast or continental, something too suit all tastes.
A good bar with drinks about the same prices as pubs.
We will be staying again soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Many thanks for your review, and congratulations again!

See you again I hope - please remember to book direct for the best deals!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were at a conference in the Riviera Centre which was a 10 minute walk down the hill. The Cimon has a very pleasant aspect overlooking the bay. We had a spacious family room with two en-suite showers! There were nice little touches like a chocolate on each bed. The hotel had a very nice entrance area with sofas to relax in and downstairs a spacious atmospheric bar area where our group could gather. Breakfast in the garden restaurant was exceptional with lots of fruit, juices and cereals on top whatever we wished to order. We had the full English which came very promptly despite the fact that the restaurant was full. We overlooked the swimming pool but sadly we were to early in the season to get our costumes on! Adam couldn't have been more helpful - he recommended an excellent restaurant 10 minutes walk away in the town. Overall everyone we spoke to said it was an excellent weekend!

Room Tip: The family room was good value and spacious.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Bjorn W
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed here for a conference so was disappointed that we were quite a way from the conference centre. The host was very pleasant and helpful but the accommodation was rather dated and dingy and the shower en-suite was very tiny. The room was big enough but cold as the radiator was not man enough for the size of the room. Breakfast was superb.

Room Tip: The downstairs room which we gathered in for pre-dinner drinks was very good with a small sitting ar...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Crumble6409
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Thanks for your review. 2/5 for location is very unfair! We're a 5 minute walk from the sea front and town centre, and the conference centre is about an 8 minute walk away (less than £5 in a taxi).

We are constantly refurbishing and updating our rooms (we re-decorated 6 rooms this winter, including new mattresses and carpets). Obviously it won't be to everyone's taste; pictures of every room are on our website if anyone would like to check.

Value for money is what we represent - I constantly check our prices against those of other guest houses nearby, and I'm confident you won't find anywhere cheaper with comparable facilities, location and Trip Advisor score.

Reviewed 25 March 2014

The room and breakfast were excellent, but what truly distinguished The Simon was Adam’s extraordinary hospitality. When my daughter mentioned my sore back, Adam dashed out to our car to grab my suitcase and haul it up the stairs to our room. As we had arrived somewhat late on a cold evening, Adam directed us to dinner to the closest good restaurant that was still open. The next morning he gave us valuable recommendations on visiting the town. Throughout our stay Adam was unfailingly helpful and charming. While I assume that Torquay has guesthouses that offer comparable facilities, it’s hard to imagine that any of them have a more gracious host.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thanks for your kind words! I try to help because I love my job :) I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay in England.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

We did a last minute booking and got the last family room, arrived early evening and was greeted by Adam, nothing was too much trouble,so friendly and helped us get our bearings around the town! The room was big and airy with 3 single beds, and a petite en suite! very comfortable and wished we could've stayed longer and didn't have to get back for work and school! Breakfast was lovely:cereal,bread rolls,fresh fruit and fully cooked English (with veggie options too),and fresh filtered coffee on tap, what a choice! A big car park and so close to the town and harbour. Adam and Anita are fantastic hosts and will do anything to make sure you enjoy your stay, will definately be back again, hopefully in the summer when the pool is open, will recommend to all my friends, thank you for making our overnight stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thanks for the lovely review! I look forward to seeing you again - remember to book direct for the best deal!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I have stayed here on a few occasions since last September, first with my partner, then with my two young children then again a few days ago with my mother. So I have stayed in four different rooms there. All are beautifully decorated and extremely cosy. The staff are so friendly and helpful and can cater for all needs. I highly recommend this beautiful place and as a regular visitor from Bedford I will not be staying anywhere else but here!

• Stayed: August 2013
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Thanks, it was nice to see you again!

Please book direct next time! We guarantee the best rates when you book direct and it helps us not having to pay commission!

Reviewed 2 March 2014

Wonderful hosts and a breakfast to beat all others X Highly Recommended *****
Nice rooms and décor .
A perfect place to explore Devon from.

Central to Torquay, good parking and did I mention the breakfast !!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Adam B, Owner at The Cimon, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Thanks for the review - "nobody leaves hungry" is Anita's motto! Nice to hear it's appreciated :)