“Clive from swiftsure”

and 1 more site!
Livermead House Hotel
Ranked #45 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Just stayed 4night at the livermead house hotel with 27more passengers , it was my first time at this hotel
It was a very well ran hotel in every way , all the staff were very friendly and alway had time for a welcome chat
The food and dinning room was top class
I look forward the returning soon
Thanks clive (swiftsure travel )

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Clive R

Reviewed 29 May 2014

This is our hotel of choice in Torquay, and have been staying there once or twice a year for almost 20 years. We went there for our Silver wedding anniversary in 2013 and the chef made us a beautiful anniversary cake that we hadn't expected. We have just returned in May 2014 and had the added bonus of the best weather this summer so far. The cuisine is first class, and such a wide choice, and always a mix of traditional with new options to try. Service is exceptional from the moment you arrive - you are made to feel very special irrespective of the length of your stay anhd nothing is too much trouble. The bedrooms and bathrooms are always spotless and each time we visit, bathrooms are being refurbished and modernised. Often there can be entertainment in the lounge area, which is an added extra, but you can still find a quiet area to read if that's what you want. Parking on site is a bonus.
We love it, and wish we could visit more often throughout the year. Well done to Mr Rew and his team of dedicated staff.

Room Tip: Rooms at the side/ back are quieter, but top floor have stunning sea views
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sue Peter W
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Perfect location with easy access to all main routes and town center with awesome sea views, very friendly, clean and well priced. Stayed 6/5nts and would highly recommend this hotel all visiting Torquay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank usabrit
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We spent 8 nights at this wonderful hotel arriving very late on Easter Sunday evening. Before we had even booked in our bags were out of the car and we had a very warm welcome. We were offered a plate of sandwiches although as I have said it was very late. Then our stay just got better. If you want a hotel where old values come as standard,where the food is first class,the service cannot be faulted and the wine list is second to none,then you must stay here. Cannot praise it too highly. The only disappointment is that the rooms are full next year so we Will be booking in at the sister hotel along the road. This really is a must to stay at. Thanks for a lovely,relaxing holiday....pity about the 4 pounds I put on!!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edward C
Reviewed 29 April 2014

Attended military veterans reunion and great to find standards had not dropped. Very friendly staff, excellent food with wide range of choices. Convenient bus service nearby to explore an area that has plenty to offer

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank AlbertD828
Reviewed 23 April 2014

I feel everyone should know about the first class service, attention to detail and the wonderful staff and management this hotel has.

I have been to a few functions at the hotel, but nothing can beat the excellent afternoon tea myself and 45 family & friends enjoyed after my mothers funeral. From entering the hotel we were all made to feel very welcome & comfortable, the way the tables had been laid ready for guests to enjoy what was to come was amazing. My mum would have very much approved of the delicious feast we were served. In fact everyone said the same.
You made what was already a very sad and emotional day, a day to remember. Thank You.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank maxe_feasby
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My husband and I attended a organised retired work do for a set luncheon.
As I am a coeliac I rang ahead to be told this wasn't a problem.
During the meal I was kept informed of what I could eat and the service was excellent, our waiter even made sure that there was no cross contamination with my vegetables.
I whole heartedly would recommend to any Coeliac to give them a try.
Do mention it when booking though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business