“Friendly People, pleasent atomosphere, comfy rooms!”
Review of 74Belgravia

74Belgravia
Ranked #90 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Friendly People, pleasent atomosphere, comfy rooms!”
Reviewed 8 April 2010

When I arrived at doogals I was greeted with a big smile from Maria. We checked in and then I was given directions to the carpark which was situated within a minutes walk from the guesthouse. Steve offered to carry some of the bags for me and the little ones.
The atomosphere is the guesthouse is cozy.
I loved our room, it was spacisious with enough room for me and the children to get ready for a meal out at the local pub which was just across the road.
I have stayed at others along the same strip of Guesthouse's but this was by far the most welcoming.
The whole family had a great trip and we will definatly be re-visiting doogals guesthouse!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nottinghamshire
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Just a few days since our family Easter Break in beautyful Devon and already planning our return in the summer holidays.
We stayed at the Doogals Guesthouse were steve and Marie made us feel very welcome and at home. We found our family room comfortable and generously sized given the very resonable price we paid, it was clean and well presentedwith cozy beds and a plesant en-suit.
We enjoyed the breakfast with decent sized portions and ample choice for our somewhat fussy children! we felt the time breakfast was served alowed us to make full use of the day and only chose to sleep in and eat out on one occation.
On our final day we requested a wake up call, due to having a train to catch and they were happy to oblige. Steve even entertained my son with a magic trick whilst we waited for our taxi!
Have just read the privious review and feel this person must have stayed in a different hotel to us, we have stopped at Doogals several times before and look forward to returning in the future!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
london
Reviewed 2 April 2010

When we first got to the hotel, the female was very welcoming and showed us around the bedroom before we agreed to stay. the rooms were basic and old looking. we had paid for bed and breakfast rates yet did not receive a morning call or just a friendly reminder that breakfast was due to start. what we did get was a man in the morning telling us that we had missed it (by only 15 minutes) and they were very strict about that. but thinking about it if we had got down to breakfast at 8:45 we could still of been eating in the dining room. they didnt even offer a refund for the breakfast charge which to me is out of order considering we were the only people staying in the hotel at that time.....pure lazy
The bathroom which they said was ensuite was a glorified wardrobe with a leak. the whole shower unit fell of the wall and the water regulator had no medium temp. it scalded me....banged me in the face when it fell off and then to add insult to injury the shower gel dispenser would not dispense.
the bed was tiny and uncomfortable and had a cheap scratchy waterproof sheet on it. ok fine i understand they dont want people urinating on the bed but with the money that they dont refund for un taken breakfasts surely they could afford better quality waterproof sheets.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
DOOGALS, owner/manager at 74Belgravia, responded to this review, 8 April 2010
I am so sorry these guests did not enjoy their stay with us,as you can clearly see their opinion is not matched by any other reviewer. Breakfast is indeed served between 8.30 and 9.00 am and I did indeed cook their breakfast at 8.55 in the hope that they would come down for it, I also kept it warm in the oven for ten minutes after this I threw it away.They did not come down until 9.30.There is a large sign saying the breakfast time,also in the room is another sign. I told them the time when they checked in, I also reminded them again when I took them to their room.As they mentioned I did show them their room before they checked in, our rooms are comfy and homely, and If they didnt like the room I am puzzled why they took it, we are on a road with 50 other guesthouses and Hotels, the shower room is small but there is absolutely nothing wrong with the shower, I am sorry they knocked the shower head out of the riser,the unit itself cannot be moved without a hammer and chisel so I am not sure what happened there.I agree that matress covers are awful but they are needed for hygiene purposes.I just wish they had told me their complaints before they had left , as I am so sorry I did not get chance to apologise.
Norfolk
Reviewed 17 October 2009

Stayed for 3 nights - spur of the moment. Both hosts were friendly + helpful. Comfy room + bed, good shower, everything you would want, even down to the TV with Freeview. Excellent as a base. Would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
crewe
Reviewed 5 October 2009

My partner and I, booked on the spur of the moment, just for a short break, Maria and Steve made us feel very welcome.
Very friendly, nice atmosphere.
Breakfast was very good, we will definately be going back, even if it's only for the extra sausage that they promised us.
Thankyou Doogals

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 18 September 2009

Had a great stay in Torquay at Doogals.Steve & Maria were very friendly.Had comfortable room & the breakfast lasted me all day.Travelled by bike & had the use of a cover in the private parking.Had a run to Dartmouth & Steve came with me & showed me a better route.Next time in Torquay I will be staying at Doogals either on my bike or in car.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
sussex
Reviewed 18 June 2009

Steve and Maria couldn't have been more helpful, even when one of the group locked himself out in the middle of the night and had to ring to be let back in! Good little base for us to ride around Devon from, safe parking area for bikes. couldn't want more.....Nice one.

• Stayed June 2009