Hotel Barton
Hotel Peppers(Torquay)
Hudson Hotel(Torquay)
Trinity Mews(Torquay)
View Hotel
All reviewsfew minutes walkb bgreat couple of daysfull englishfriendly ownerstown harbourstay there againa king size bedperfect locationnew ownersshower gelfamily run hotelclean roomsstayed for nightsfeel very welcomelovely hotelnice room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2013

From the moment I was greeted by Helen on arrival until my departure I felt really welcome. I had been a little nervous as I was travelling alone and don't usually do this. However, my concerns were absolutely unfounded. The location is superb and my room in the hotel was all that I could wish for.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We spent three nights at the Barton and we are glad we did. The location(with free parking) was perfect, being only only about five minutes from Torquay seafront. Andy, the owner, mad us feel very welcome and would go out of his way to offer any help he could to make our stay even better. Sadly, did not meet his wife, but she certainly produced an excellent cooked breakfast!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank turkinchagirl
Reviewed 14 October 2013

perfect hosts and spotless rooms
breakfast was 1st class
rooms attended every day with free tea and coffee and clean towels
great value for money
just up from harbour and shops
free parking
and you can see why it gets fantastic reviews

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Two night stay confirmed the good reviews about this well located, friendly and good value hotel. The owners Andy and Helen really do go the extra mile in making their guests feel welcome. The rooms are well presented, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Tea making facilities are in every room which is nice. Quite a few steps up to the hotel entrance from the street but nothing that I would complain about. Secure parking provided free to guests is located about 150 yards from the hotel. Breakfasts are top notch. The full English is very good indeed. I would certainly return to The Hotel Barton again and would have no problem recommending it to anyone.

Room Tip: Room 3 has very large bed and room 6 looks out over the front and has a large space and very large shower.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We found Andy & Helen really accommodating, friendly and cheerful. The rooms are comfortable and I have to say very clean. The en suite had a nice sized shower, not a pokey little thing you can't move in! We had tea and coffee in the room. We were on the top floor so had lots of stairs to climb, not easy after such a wonderful breakfast! We chose the full English breakfast which was large, cooked to perfection and HOT (unusual in a hotel!). The dining room was bright and cheerful which made all the guests chatty, it was a really nice atmosphere! It's only 5 mins walk from the harbour and shops too. The hotel itself was very quiet although we were at the front and the noise from the main road was really bad until the early hours! We also had lots of noisy youngsters after the club and Bowling alley turned out! The Barton is on a steep hill and also has a lot of steps up to the front door as well as 37 stairs if you are on the top floor so be prepared if you have mobility problems! This said, we would definitely return. We enjoyed our stay here and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it!

Room Tip: I think side and rear rooms, although wouldn't have a view, would be quieter at night. We had a nice view but was noisy. If you have any sort of mobility problems this probably isn't the one for you.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple