We have been going for many years and never had chance to say what a great chill out it is for us. We love being pampered, the decor, superb bed and bedding and the high standards that they set. The little extras, like cookies and milk to take to the room, jelly beans by the bedside etc, all lovely little touches. Breakfast is a dream with a great choice. We also take advantage of the loyalty discounts to try all the different suites. Wish we could get there more often. As we said, we have been going for many years now and it just gets better. Parking is plentiful too.Try walking up the hill (10 good minutes) to the Kents pub and the Fountain next door for food. The best Exmoor fillet steak ever! Managed to leave the pub (real ale) and get to Ansteys Cove this time too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerville has many accolades including Devon B&B of the year for 2012/13 and Southwest B&B of the year for 2011. Centrally located with its own private car park and grounds. Choose from a standard room or lovely Deluxe rooms and spacious Suites; it's the ideal choice for both business travellers and leisure guests wanting a relaxing luxury break. The Somerville offers guests free parking and free wifi and extended breakfast times at weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Somerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerville Hotel Torquay
- Somerville Hotel Torquay
- The Somerville Torquay, Devon