I had to stay at the Somerville on my own whilst on business in the area and the welcome was lovely. I like the touch of fresh milk and cookies being available at all times (hate UHT milk) A mini cafetiere in the room with ground coffee is also very nice. The room was stunning - beautiful ornate furniture and all the extras you could possibly need. Lovely bathroom - spotlessly clean with high quality toiletries - most welcome.
The breakfast was exceptional - a fabulous selection of fruit compote, cereals, yoghurt etc followed by a freshly cooked hot breakfast. I had an omelette and it was cooked to perfection.
I would not hesitate to stay here in the future. A truly beautiful place - Adam and Grant should be very proud. (Loved the local restaurant reviews - extremely honest and very funny!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerville has many accolades including Devon B&B of the year for 2012/13 and Southwest B&B of the year for 2011. Centrally located with its own private car park and grounds. Choose from a standard room or lovely Deluxe rooms and spacious Suites; it's the ideal choice for both business travellers and leisure guests wanting a relaxing luxury break. The Somerville offers guests free parking and free wifi and extended breakfast times at weekends.Recently voted In Trivagos top 10 B&B`s in UK for value for money ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Somerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerville Hotel Torquay
- Somerville Hotel Torquay
- The Somerville Torquay, Devon