My partner and I stayed at The Somerville on 30th July for 2 nights. It was the first time we had stayed here and after reading reviews on here we were looking forward to it. We certainly weren't disappointed, it is the best hotel we have ever stayed in.
Upon arrival we were greeted by one of the owners, a very friendly guy who gave us every bit of information we could possibly need including information about breakfast and places to visit in Torquay. We were even given a map with attractions on it! The owner also showed us to our room and on the way we were informed about fresh milk and cookies that are left for guests to help themselves to! These were right next door to our room (The Courtyard Suite) so very easy to help ourselves!
The Courtyard Suite is a lovely room and I was impressed at how spotlessly clean it was. It was quite spacious and had a small private courtyard outside with a seating area, ideal for chilling out. The tea and coffee facilities were also excellent with sachets of alternative teas (such as peppermint and lemon), Horlicks and Aero hot chocolate, as well as tea and coffee. We were also very pleased to find some complimentary toiletries in the double shower room (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion, soap) and also a small bowl of jelly babies next to the bed! It was the small touches like this, as well as the excellent service, that really made us feel welcome as guests.
Breakfast was the best I had ever had anywhere. I had eggs benedict on both mornings and it was absolutely fantastic. There is a good range to choose from on the menu and there is also a buffet style continental breakfast that guests can help themselves to. Choices here included a variety of cereals, fruit salad, fruit compote, croissants, smoothies and fresh juice. The service at breakfast was also excellent on both days.
We also had the pleasure of meeting Oscar and Hector! Two cute and very friendly dogs. We were actually greeted by them and a 3rd dog in the gardens as we were leaving!
Overall, this hotel is excellent and thoroughly deserves every one of it's 5 stars :-)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerville has many accolades including Devon B&B of the year for 2012/13 and Southwest B&B of the year for 2011. Centrally located with its own private car park and grounds. Choose from a standard room or lovely Deluxe rooms and spacious Suites; it's the ideal choice for both business travellers and leisure guests wanting a relaxing luxury break. The Somerville offers guests free parking and free wifi and extended breakfast times at weekends.Recently voted In Trivagos top 10 B&B`s in UK for value for money ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Somerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerville Hotel Torquay
- Somerville Hotel Torquay
- The Somerville Torquay, Devon