Make no mistake, this is a very nice place to spend a few nights. It is well located and comfortable, breakfasts are good and the place spotlessly clean. It is within easy walk of the harbour (5 mins), the museum, the Orange Tree, Kents pub, Amici and the Elephant. The decor is splendid and the parking free and adequate. Thus I feel like a real curmudgeon by not giving it a maximum score. Perhaps Grant and Adam are a little tourist weary at this time of the summer (mid-Aug) and lacked sparkle and warmth, whatever it was it was tangible. The rooms are sumptuous, the jelly babies/jelly beans beside the bed a nice touch, the milk and cookies great and the eggs royale splendid. There is so much to admire here and the price is not extortionate, but it just lacked a beating heart and the impression that at this time of the year that cusomers were still as welcome as they were at the start of the season.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerville has many accolades including Devon B&B of the year for 2012/13 and recently received "Highly Commended" in Best B&B in vist South -West Awards. Centrally located with its own private car park and grounds. Choose from a standard room or lovely Deluxe rooms and spacious Suites; it's the ideal choice for both business travellers and leisure guests wanting a relaxing luxury break. The Somerville offers guests free parking and free wifi and extended breakfast times at weekends.Recently voted In Trivagos top 10 B&B`s in UK for value for money in 2017 ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Somerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerville Hotel Torquay
- Somerville Hotel Torquay
- The Somerville Torquay, Devon