“Cake as well!?”

Ranked #7 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Wiltshire
“Cake as well!?”
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I recently took my Fiancé away for his 30th Birthday to the Somervile for 3 nights. We also took our 6 month old son as well who was pleasantly welcomed by one of the owners. As soon as we arrived we were made to very welcome and showed around not just left to find our own room. The room itself was fab! Although a deluxe room the owners put up a cot for our baby which was ace. The room was very well decorated and I liked the little touches with the sweets at the side of the bed and how they presented the toiletries in the ensuit. I also ordered a bunch of flowers through The Somervile for my fiancé so that they were in the room when we arrived and I have to say for the money they were well worth the price! Absoultey stunning. The breakfast was also fantastic, clean and well presented. I liked how the baked beans were in a pot not the mess up the plate of food! The staff were all very friendly and polite. Really enjoyed our stay and felt very welcome. And they even had cake that you could help yourself to... Amazing! Thanks for having us, we'll be back! X

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BigBirdx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
birmingham westmidlands
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed at the garden suite at somerville for 4 days,Great place the roll top bath with TV was outstanding,had our own private garden to sit and take in the beautful surroundings,Great location just a 5 min walk down to the beach and shops,Breakfast and service were the best, fresh fruit each morning, in the afternoon we were all treated to a homemade cake and fruit,you just could not fault the place,this is definetly a jewel in the crown.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a Quiet location with a touch of class outside space this is the b/b for you
2 Thank pinky026
england
Reviewed 2 August 2014

we have been a number of times definetly one of the best and the only place to stay in torquay convenient location cakes and biscuits available to help yourself when you make a cuppa all nice little touches rooms vary from standard to suites what ever your budget commands all nicely laid out the hosts are very attentive without being intrusive breakfast lovely and plenty of choice they also have a new self catering apartment have to give it a go when next down

1 Thank clingonshave
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I stay away a lot and like to choose small places as I have long since got bored with the chain hotels. Sometimes it can be a bit of a lottery but when I discovered the Somerville I really do think that I hit the jackpot.

I know Torquay well since I used to live there and family commitments bring me down a lot and I am so glad that I now have a really decent place to stay. The attention to detail is quite amazing and you can see that they are constantly striving to make the experience better and better. I stayed in a suite and was really glad I did. There was a lovely amount of space and the place oozed quality. Breakfast was probably the best I have ever seen and puts the big hotels to shame. The Somerville is not the cheapest in Torquay BUT for pure value for money I don't think it can be beaten

Room Tip: Spend a little bit more and book a suite - you get loads more space and it is worth the extra....
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank John N
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Revisiting the Somerville gets better every time. This wonderful 5* accommodation has a great location, superb hosts, stunning decor, wonderful breakfasts and so many added extras!
We highly recommend the Somerville and can't wait to visit again!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I rarely write reviews but I felt that this stay deserved it. I seriously don't know where to start.
The welcome was friendly & professional. Without even asking we were given a map of the area and recommendations of where to eat and avoid.

The decor is simply stunning, it's clear the owners take a lot of pride in their establishment. It is clean, beautifully decorated and every little thing has been thought of to make your stay perfect.

Our bedroom was beautiful, the beds were so comfortable we literally lay in the all afternoon whilst it was raining. The bath, oh my god, free standing roll top with a TV!!! We felt like a movie stars.

The following day the weather was beautiful. After having an amazing cooked breakfast (which proudly boasts locally sourced ingredients), we sat out in the their garden, again a lot of time had gone into this space.

We felt so relaxed there and also very special, nothing was too much trouble.

Being honest I didn't expect this when booking. The prices are ridiculously low for the standards of service and facilities. We have already booked to go back for our anniversary.

Room Tip: Tell the owners what you are here for. They are so helpful they will recommend the right room
2 Thank Merboy2k
South Wales
Reviewed 22 July 2014

Lost count how many times we have stayed at the Somerville and each time is as good as the last. We returned this year for a 5 night stay in the garden suite. The refurbished courtyard area and new seating is comfortable for an evening drink. Rooms are decorated to a high standard with furnishings that match the taste of the décor. Breakfast is outstanding as usual. We hope to return again later this year. Thank you both.

Room Tip: Garden area is good for evening drinks