I can not give The Somerville Hotel enough praise for their exeptional standard of service and cleanliness (it is unbeliveably spotless). The breakfast was superb (start with the museli it is out of this world and the full english is to die for). The staff were absolutely wonderful, extremely kind and incredibly helpful. The Somerville is in a brilliant location, situated only a short stroll from the marina where you can catch a ferry to picture postcard Dartmouth or Greenway (Agatha's holiday home) which I can highly recomened. I am ashamed to say that this was the first time my husband and I have ever had a British break as we always go abroad. We were absolutely astonished at how beautiful our own country is and feel silly for not doing it sooner. Although we were not over struck with Torquay itself we would definitely return to The Somerville Hotel and use it as a base to explore other parts of delightful Devon. 10 out of 10.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerville has many accolades including Devon B&B of the year for 2012/13 and Southwest B&B of the year for 2011. Centrally located with its own private car park and grounds. Choose from a standard room or lovely Deluxe rooms and spacious Suites; it's the ideal choice for both business travellers and leisure guests wanting a relaxing luxury break. The Somerville offers guests free parking and free wifi and extended breakfast times at weekends.Recently voted In Trivagos top 10 B&B`s in UK for value for money ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, LateRooms, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Somerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerville Hotel Torquay
- Somerville Hotel Torquay
- The Somerville Torquay, Devon