I've been working on a project in Torquay on and off since June 2008. I ran across Grant and Adam's hotel purely by searching TripAdvisor. I've stayed there at least 10-15 times over the past 2 years, and its simply one of the best places I've stayed at.
My job takes me away most weeks 3-4 days a week, and so I see a LOT of hotels. With out a doubt, the Somerville is my favourite by far, mainly down to Grant and Adam. Its like going to stay with friends, rather than in a hotel.
The rooms are very good sized, the amenities are great (cheers for adding WiFi last year which has really helped me with my work), the location is so central to the main eating and night-life area its not funny, and yet its one of the most quiet and peaceful places I've ever stayed in
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Torquay, since its simply one of the best out there in the UK
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerville has many accolades including Devon B&B of the year for 2012/13 and Southwest B&B of the year for 2011. Centrally located with its own private car park and grounds. Choose from a standard room or lovely Deluxe rooms and spacious Suites; it's the ideal choice for both business travellers and leisure guests wanting a relaxing luxury break. The Somerville offers guests free parking and free wifi and extended breakfast times at weekends.Recently voted In Trivagos top 10 B&B`s in UK for value for money ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Somerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerville Hotel Torquay
- Somerville Hotel Torquay
- The Somerville Torquay, Devon