Few hotels get the number of consistently good reviews that the Somerville does. Our stay for four nights in a deluxe room was just as we had hoped for from reading all the other reviews. Our room was clean, comfortable, tastefully decorated with a lovely ensuite. The bed was king size, pocket sprung and very comfortable. The room was a little small with very few areas to place things not stored in the one wardrobe or chest of drawers but this is a small point. Worktop space was also at a premium so do not over pack. Breakfast was a real pleasure and a great way to start the day. Good food, well presented and served with a smile. The hotel is run by two perfect hosts who seem to go out of their way to give a friendly welcome and ensure guests enjoy their stay. We would stay again if in the area and would recommend the hotel to our friends and family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Somerville has many accolades including Devon B&B of the year for 2012/13 and Southwest B&B of the year for 2011. Centrally located with its own private car park and grounds. Choose from a standard room or lovely Deluxe rooms and spacious Suites; it's the ideal choice for both business travellers and leisure guests wanting a relaxing luxury break. The Somerville offers guests free parking and free wifi and extended breakfast times at weekends. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your The Somerville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Somerville Hotel Torquay
- Somerville Hotel Torquay
- The Somerville Torquay, Devon