Bancourt Hotel
  • Bar/Lounge
The Richwood(Torquay)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsgroup bookingcoach holidayfriendly hotelsecond to noneentertainment
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 February 2013

just arrived back from a mid week break. at first I thought the owner Alan to be a bit offish but he must have been having a bad day, after that he was very friendly as all the family and staff.
The choice of food was plentiful and vast. There were five starters and eight main course's also a choice of sweet. My only gripe in the resturant the waiters did not seem to have a system and were all over the place. The swimming pool was shut for maitainance??
The evenings entertainment was very good. On the wednesday evening the owner Alan did his version of deal or no deal and play your cards right, it was hilarious great fun, Alan ran a game "name the bear" for a pound a go and he also put up a litre of scotch were we all tossed a pound coin "heads or tails", we all lost so he auctioned it off. The evening raised over £100 towards the charity "Help for Hero's".
Our coach party were entertained and well looked during our stay.
Some of the decor needs updating but i can say our room was very clean warm and comfortable. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I would choose a room at the rear as it is on a busy road
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Every January a group of us have a weekend away. This year we went to Torquay. These are 2/3 night breaks and include breakfast and evening meal. There was about 30 of us at this hotel and only a couple of other people there. This hotel is quite large and looks great from the outside. As a lot of the reviews say the hotel could probably do with a bit of tidying up inside and this true, but not a problem for our group. Our room was a family room with bunk beds as well as a large double. The room was tidy and clean, bathroom with bath and shower, we were at the back of the hotel which was ok for us. Our only problem was that the heating went off very early in the evening and the room was cold. We told reception and with 10 minutes they brought up an portable heater, problem solved !!
I found the staff very friendly and helpful. The evening meals were fine, food was hot and filling with a large range of dishes from Roast dinners to cottage pie to curry's and fish. So something for everyone. There was entertainment on all nights at the hotel. Friday was great bingo whoop whoop followed by Comedian/Singer who was excellent inter acted with the group and everybody had a great time. Bar was still open when i went to bed at about 1.00. Next day breakfast spot on full English + cereals and toast etc. After a day in Torquay back for evening meal and Saturday entertainment............ If you like a bit of Country and Western then this might be for you, but not what our group was looking for on a Saturday Night, the singer would have been spot on for a Sunday Lunch. So a lot of us headed of to Torquay Central Con Club for the rest of the evening( But that's another story). But when we got back the bar was still open so everyone was happy. Overall I think this is a great place to stay if you want to have a fun break. You are only about 10 mins walk from the shopping centre. There is plenty of off road parking as well. Great value for money.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank icmupps
Reviewed 18 January 2013

Have stayed here a number of times, always great value. There is an indoor pool in which I usually take a dip early am, "which by the way is warm"
Used to stay here when visiting "The Manor " in Market street.. now long since gone.
Anyway back to the Hotel,You will love it. Jst make sure they open the bar for you as they were a bit reluctant when it was just my G/F and I.

Room Tip: Grab any room they are all equally as good... I think?
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 January 2013

Yet another fantastic 5 day holiday at this hotel. This is our 2nd New years visit and we have already booked our 3rd. The New Years Eve party that the hotel puts on is something to remember and laugh about all the way until the next one. The staff are friendly and helpful the beer is good and the food is very nice. Thank you for a great time and a very enjoyable stay. We will be seeing you again very soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 November 2012

We went on Just go Holiday early November, what a lovely surprise on arrival a nice glass of sherry to welcome you, in a nice hotel. The next day christmas came early with Santa Clause and a very nice gift for all. We had not booked this with Twixedmas in mind, so a very pleasant surprise. The food was vey good, just a little disappointing on Friday arrival, but I do realise it is difficult with having to deal with a new group of people,but there on in the food was plentiful and good to the point on the Sunday I could not have a drink in the evening, just too full. All staff really pleasant and accommodating. Will definately return albeit on a coach trip or self drive. Our room very clean, mattress a little too soft but I think if I had mentioned it, it may well have been sorted out. Not a lot of good for a review if you have not said anything whilst staying at the hotel to the staff. Entertainment very good especially JJ.The bonus was a great weekend weather wise.

Room Tip: We had a room to the back/side of the hotel very quiet, very clean, fresh nets clean windows and bathroom very fresh and clean. I think if anything the only noise I would say is other guest do forget that fire doors and bedrooms doors need to be held and not shut with a slam. But the staff do have notices to advise you to close the doors quietly so they are not too blame.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends