Hudson Hotel
US$128
US$103
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$104
PremierInn.com
All reviewstown centrehotel is situatedmy husband and i have justcoffee and hot chocolatewould stay againlovely breakfasttwo nightsnice sizea lovely staynight breakbrianharbourcerealheating
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The hotel was lovely, clean and comfortable. We were in room no.3 which overlooked the road, which could be a bit noisy in the early hours with people coming past from the pubs and clubs and also road traffic but being so close to the town suited us perfectly, even with sleep being a bit disturbed on the first night. The web site says no pets but there was a dog in the bar one evening and we also heard barking twice during the stay. It didn't bother us but anyone who really doesn't want a place with animals should ask before they book. Breakfast was lovely, a range of cereals, juice, tea and coffee and a lovely full English to start the day. There are steps up to the hotel but not too deep so it didn't cause a problem for my bad knees. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2011

We returned from Torquay yesterday, my boyfriend and I booked two nights at Hudso. Hotel for my birthday and I can honestly say I can not fault this hotel. The location is perfect with only a 30 second walk into the town, the staff were excellent and very friendly, always checking you were enjoying yourself :-)
We had a very big room with a balcony on the first floor very clean.
We very much enjoyed the full english cooked breakfast every morning aswell.

The weather wasn't so great for us whilst being in Torquay so on our day of departure we asked if we could stay another night and we were lucky as our room was available.

I am normally a fussy person when it comes to hotels but I can honestly say I couldn't fault this hotel at all. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone... And we will definitely be returning in the future :-)

Thank you and keep up the good work!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I stayed here with my daughter last week. I found the hotel as I was passing and it is within an easy 5 min walk to centre. Brian was a wonderful welcoming host, the room was spotless, modern and big enough for our short stay. The breakfast was beautiful (including singing from the chef in the kitchen!!! makes a great B'fast atmosphere, keep it up!!!) Paul, was very friendly too and this made for an all round relaxing, enjoyable stay. I will definately be recommending this hotel to all family, friends, colleagues and anyone else I know, keep up the good work everyone :-)))))

Room Tip: no lift, request room on ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Having picked this hotel at random really, was so pleasantly surprised. Firstly like others can't recommend the location enough 2 mins stroll to the harbour with all the bars and pubs on the door step.
The owner is pleasantly eccentric as you would expect of a hotelier in the English rivereal and very friendly. kept saying were only a small hotel and only ever saw him a real basil fawlty character....lol
The hotel decor is modern and stylish so many of these private hotels are like my grams living room .... This one isn't. , My balcony room was large and the balcony a nice touch. My co workers non balcony room was smaller but still very adequate. The breakfast room "only open al breakfast times" told you he was eccentric....lol....was a very pleasant area again modern in style and well proportioned not all cramped together and the breakfast was good food not cheap stuff.

If there is a minor negative be awear of the car parking, there is only 3 parking spaces directly behind the hotel, there is however an overflow secure car park round the corner a couple of mins walk away, don't let this put you off many haven't any parking and once your there you won't need the car to explore Torquay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2011

This hotel has best Location for a hotel in torquay less than five minutes walk away from harbour without a steep climb similar to the other hotels. Friendly staff and clean. Very good value for money with modern newly refurbished rooms.

• Stayed: August 2011