Hudson Hotel
Hotel Peppers(Torquay)
Hotel Barton(Torquay)
Trinity Mews(Torquay)
View Hotel
All reviewstown centrehotel is situatedmy husband and i have justcoffee and hot chocolatewould stay againlovely breakfasttwo nightsnice sizea lovely staynight breakbrianharbourcerealheating
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We only stayed one night at the Hudson. We were met by the owner Brian who was extremely friendly and very helpful. we asked for recommendations for a restaurant for the night and he was only too happy to help. The room was clean and spacious and the hotel is only a couple of minutes away from restaurants and bars. Breakfast was great too- overall a great stay and we would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I have just come back from Torquay after spending 2 nights at the Hudson Hotel.
When we arrived, we were met by the proprietor Brian. He was an extremely nice man who went out of his way to make sure we were comfortable. Even after completing a long shift, through breakfast to bedtime, Brian was always there with a smile. We were definitely impressed especially at Breakfast time, as nothing was too much trouble, and as I have a tendency to always deviate from the menu. However, whatever I wanted I got!
So, would I go back to this lovely quaint little hotel where we were so well looked after?
ABSOLUTELY!!!!

Room Tip: Just call in advance to secure a room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Have just spent two nights in a superior room. Great room with plenty of space, and very clean. Only 2 minutes walk to the pubs and restaurants. And the cooked breakfast is great. If we ever come back, we will head straight to the Hudson.
C & M...NZ.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cdkiwi
Reviewed 16 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay in the Hudson hotel the staff were very friendly the room was clean and had all you would expect from a good b&b the breakfast was very good with a niece selection it is also in a great location(on a slight hill) I would have no hesitation in staying here again

Room Tip: close enough to sea front, shops, and night life but still far enough away for a bit of piece
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here for a birthday weekend and booked 2 nights. On the first night we were woken at 11:45pm by someone trying to kick our door in. It turned out to be the very drunk girlfriend of the member of staff who was staying in the private flat/room opposite ours. A domestic occurred and as we were unable to get a response from the bell in the hall which is there to call the staff, we ended up ringing the police, waiting for them to come and letting them in. The girl was arrested but of course by the time it all got sorted and quietened down it was 2:45am. We attempted to get some sleep with the sofa barricading the door as we felt so unsafe. We asked to see the manager at about 8:15 next morning (didn't want our breakfast as we were so tired/upset). We told him we were leaving and asked for a full refund due to the horrific incident. he refuses, saying we could have a refund for the night we weren't staying but we had stayed the first night so he would keep the money. We disagreed with him and he eventually agreed to refund the whole amount, but his apology was somewhat hollow and he kept saying that he hadn't had any sleep ether as he had been woken at 2:30am by a text about the incident. If he was on the premises I really don't know why he didn't hear the whole thing as it was VERY loud and went on for over 2 hours. We ended up going to the Imperial Hotel, who were absolutely lovely to us and gave us a fabulous room and lots of TLC. If we return to torqueay we will definitely stay at the Imperial.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
briney1, Owner at Hudson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

I am sorry to learn of this complaint in regard to their stay at Hotel Hudson.
However, I am pleased to note that it was nothing to do with the standard of the accommodation offered or the choice availabilty of breakfast menu.
The problem appears to be with a couple of guests that stayed opposite there room who had an argument during the early hours of the morning. As I understand matters they were noisy and became abusive between themselves. One of them was kicking their door by mistake, Had the disturbed guests not taken the matter into their own hands by ringing the police but sought assistance by ringing the reception bell then matters may have been easier to resolve. I would respectfully point out that during the check in process it is made quite clear to ALL guests that there is a bell situated opposite reception, their is also a notice on reception and also a notice in the customer information folder in every guest room. It's worth mentioning that a German shepherd dog resides on the premises and although the disturbed guests intimated the bell was rung several times without success it would have been impossible for me not to have heard it ring or any other noise for that matter by way of the dog barking. He has a very loud bark! I only became aware of the situation later on that morning by way of an answer message.On the following morning , I offered my appoligies several times to the disturbed guests for their unfortunate experience.They both seemed to be disinterested and it became immediately clear to me that they wanted to leave before breakfast. In fact they had both thier coats on and cases packed. As a gesture of goodwill I refunded 100% of the accommodation fees to them.
Further, but not least, I am pleased that they completed their other night in Torquay at the 4**** Imperial Hotel which has a very high reputation. Hotel hudson is catorgrised as a 4**** guest house accommodation which of course cannot be compared like for like.
I cannot understand why they did not book into The Imperial Hotel in the first place!