“Great hosts, lovely B&B, good location”
Review of Trelawney Hotel

Trelawney Hotel
Ranked #28 of 86 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Great proprietors - Rosie & Jim. Lovely rooms,comfy beds, good shower, great breakfast. My husband & I treated my elderly in-laws to a weekend away and I couldn't have chosen a better B&B. When I initially made the reservation online, I requested a room downstairs or near a lift for my in-laws. I was called back almost immediately by Jim who confirmed they did not have a lift or ground floor rooms but our rooms are next door to each other and close to the stairs. My in-laws have the same set up at home, so they were comfortable using the stairs. I thought it great that we had joining rooms. At breakfast we were surprised that there were more guests in the B&B, it was so quiet. We shall certainly stay again if they have availability when we return to Torquay.. Highly recommended. Thank you Rosie & Jim for running a B&B the way it should be!

Room Tip: If you have special requests, post your request on your booking enquiry/reservation. They will call...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 September 2011

Our 5 day break with my elderly parents was made extra special by the warm welcome we received from proprietors, Rosie and Jim. The service was excellent as were the breakfasts the rooms the cleanliness and the friendly hospitality. Nothing was too much trouble and we felt completely at home. It was lovely having the bar in the lounge area. We shall certainly be back! Ann and Mick, [----]

Room Tip: the back of the hotel is much quieter ., as the front is on a main road.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Nice hotel, clean and well-decorated rooms, good breakfast, very friendly and co-operative hosts. The beach ( not a nice one) is a short walk from this hotel. Overall a pleasant stay and will highly recommend this hotel. Only complain is that there were no toilet brushes provided.

Room Tip: Room 15 is THE best room... It is newly re-decorated.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2011

This was a lovely b and b; it was clean the rooms were great the breakfast was lovely and there is even a cosy little bar. The owners Rosie and Jim were wonderful and couldn't gave been more accommodating. We will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Rosie789
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Well what can I say, I am back again in Torquay and after losing the faith in privately owned hotels such as 'The County' I booked myself in for a three night stay at the 'Trelawney Hotel'. A mature couple called Rose and James own and run the hotel, they are very warm and helpful hosts and nothing ever seems to much for them to help you.

For example my room was on the top floor and I was have trouble connecting to the free wireless internet they offer. I asked if they knew anywhere local that I could connect to the internet and without a thought James offered to open the bar for me and then suggested moving my room down to the first floor as they had one that was free, which I accepted.

Another example of their excellent service was on the morning of my departure I had an early start, needing to leave before they started serving breakfast. I asked if I could settle my bill the night before and Rose kindly offered to prepare my breakfast earlier than the scheduled time.

The hotel itself is very nice and from what James was telling me over a pint one evening, they have had the whole place gutted and brought in to the 21st century. Both rooms I stayed in were very clean and comfortable with modern décor and a tv with a good range of channels.

In my opinion Rose and James set a standard that guest house owners and dare I say larger hotel groups should learn from. Hospitality, Food and Accommodation for the prices they charge are excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2011

He have just come back from a 4 day break in Torquay and although the weather wasn't great we had a fantastic time. Jim and Rosie made us feel very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. Rosie's breakfasts are the best on the south coast! Jim is fantastic, full of local knowledge and he can tell you the best places to eat. You won't be disappointed staying at the Trelawney. Great location. Very Clean. Very modern and trendy with new en suites and LCD tvs in the rooms. We stayed in room 9 at the back of the hotel and it was very peaceful. With regards to parking, Jim will help you find somewhere to park- he even let us park in his space around the back! As mentioned, nothing is too much trouble with these guys. We will definitely return for even longer next time.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2011

The proprietors, Rosie and Jim, along with supporting staff were all brilliant. Very helpfull, freindly, knowledgable.
The rooms that we had were lovely, extremely clean, well decorated and appointed, lovely comfy beds, flat screen telly, tea/coffee making facilities,good ensuite bathroom.
Harbour, shops, bars etc a short walk away. We will defiately return, brilliant !!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family