“Superb value, super friendly reception and a great night's kip!!”
Review of Trelawney Hotel

Trelawney Hotel
Ranked #28 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed here as was working in the area just before Christmas.

The place was getting decorated whilst I was there, and the whole hallway had been plastered. However - the owners had the whole place cleaned up and clutter free for me on arrival - and nothing was too much trouble

The room was small, but extremely well decorated and bed was really comfy....

I stay in a lot of places working around the country, and for the room rate - this is one of my absolute favourites and would recommend to anyone looking for a great place to rest your head

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 17 November 2012

We stayed here again October 2012. B&B rate £55 really fab. Rosie & Jim are great hosts, very accommodating. I love this place. Good location, comfortable rooms.The rooms are decorated individually. Cannot fault anything.

Room Tip: I have stayed in 2 different rooms on 2 occasions and could not fault either, one superior and one s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Stayed for one night over the weekend as a trip down for my partners Birthday. Room rate was £55 for the night which I think is very reasonable for this type of accomodation.

It is only about 300 yards (downhill) to the coastline and about a ten minute walk to the main bay with all the local restaurants and attractions, so very well postioned.

The room was cosy enough and the decor modern looking, the bed was very comfy, we had en-suite shower, 4 poster bed and a plasma tv with about 30-40 of the usual free view channels.

Breakfast was hearty and excellent - full english was superb and looking back at previous reviews and picking up on the idiot who put the one negative review on here back in 2010, when I ordered and poached egg it was not a problem and very tasty too boot. Made freshly by the poor chap in charge who's wife normal does the cooking but was not very well (this was only the 2nd time in five years he'd done the breakfast shift!)

Would happily recommend to friends and would consider for accomodation again when we return to Torquay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grauters
Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed here in August 2012 for our wedding anniversary. We booked a room with a four poster bed and I have to say I have stayed in many a 5 star hotel and this was every bit as plush although smaller of course. The room was clean and well kept, the bathroom was small but clean and nice and bright. Rose was very helpful when we arrived very early and showed us to some parking around the back which is very limited. Jim also recommended some restaurants and possible trips to do during our short stay, All in all I would recommend to anyone and if we venture back to Torquay I would definitely try to book here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 August 2012

Myself, husband and son stayed in the Trelawney Hotel for 4 nights. Rosie and Jim are fab hosts and the breakfast is lovely. They made a particular effort with my little boy, which he enjoyed. We stayed in a family room that was modern, spotless and comfortable. The price we payed was excellent for the room standard. We honestly could not fault it and will some day return I hope. I would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Just got back from two nights at the trelawney with four friends. A very warm welcome awaited us from Rosie and we stayed in room 12 & 15. The first thing that amazed me was the amazing decor, comfy beds and everything was spotless. Jim was very helpful and friendly and the breakfast was plentiful and filling and nothing was too much trouble. Overall I would highly recommend the Trelawney and will be difinitley going back!!.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We had a super family break taking over more than half the Trelawney Hotel. Many late nights in the bar and keeping either Jim or Rosie up to the early hours of the morning but we all got up much to Jim's suprise for a 8.30am full english breakfast with extras.The bedrooms are very comfortable with all required amenities.Plenty of suggestions for eating places. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family