“Fab weekend break”
Review of The Hotel Balmoral

The Hotel Balmoral
Ranked #14 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We have been back a week from a weekend special rate break at the Balmoral.We were a party of eight returning for a second time,we have such a fabulous weekend.Alex always gives us a warm welcome and all the staff are so friendly.Even the cleaning ladies have a chat with you.the chef and back room staff do a wonderful jobWe call it Man verses food weekend.The two nights entertainment are great making all the guests feel like one big happy family.Steve Parr one of the entertainers ,who we have seen twice now is great at his job. The hotel is very clean,warm and appealing, we have told so many people about the place.10 out of 10 Balmoral.

Room Tip: Front rooms are good with a view over the gardens.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 May 2014

My wife and I together with five family friends stayed two nights at the Balmoral. The hotel [like many] do special offers and it was one of these packages we bought.
Our room [7] was fine although I little on the small side and the bathroom had a shower and I do like a bath!
The bed was very comfortable and I slept like a log. Our view was good..looking out at the sea over attractive gardens.
The food was excellent. I like my food ,am not easy to please so this is high praise indeed!
I had beef has main course [evening meal] and lamb the next night and the meat was lean and very tender.
There was a large range on the breakfast menu and the meats [sausage,bacon and black pudding were very tasty]
The entertainment was fine on both evenings and the drinks were reasonably priced.
The staff were freindly,polite and helpful.
For value for money,good food and location I cannot fault the Balmoral and would certainly go again

Room Tip: I understand larger rooms than ours are available so next time I would go for a corner suite
1  Thank Davidcollinsheywood
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Food was amazing, too much for me but I enjoyed everything I managed to fit in! Room temperature was ideal and the hotel was situated in a lovely location.

Can not praise the staff enough, from the Manager to the cleaners everyone was really friendly and helpful.

Will definitely be back, thank you.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

The Hotel Balmoral in Torquay is in a lovely location. Just a few minutes walk from Meadfoot Beach.
We stayed there from Friday 25 April 2014 for 2 nights. We arrived on the Friday and had a cream tea (included in the price) which we managed to have in the nice garden of the hotel which overlooked the sea.
The entertainment was very good and we enjoyed all the meals which even included a Sunday Roast lunch.
We found the hotel to be clean and the staff were friendly

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We stayed at the hotel this weekend for my friends 50th Birthday. We all had a fabulous time, the rooms are clean and comfortable. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff, they do there best to make sure they accommodate everyone. The food was very good and plenty of it. I was there with my grandchildren, nothing was too much trouble for the waiting staff when it came to accommodating the children. There was entertainment on both the nights we was there, providing the perfect location for celebrating such a special occasion. We are already preparing to book again for another get together next year. Would definitely recommend a visit.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had a great stay once again, friendly staff and wonderful food ......highly recommended excellent value. It's a quiet well run family hotel that is welcoming and offers great accommodation at a very reasonable price. The food is very good with options on the menu to cater for all tastes.

Room Tip: The room we had was a super king with a garden and sea view and was spacious and quiet
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We went last week, and had a great stay. The bedroom was clean and the lady that cleaned was very helpful and on the first night I had a bad nights sleep due to the bed being to hard, after talking to the reception they changed the mattress and slept really well after that, so a big thank you to them. The meals are superb and again the staff in the restaurant are really friendly and do a great job. In no doubt we will go bad again.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple