The Iona Torquay
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsquiet roadlovely hotelquiet arearecommend this hotelon arrivallarge balconylittle gemsea frontstayed for nightssmall fridgefull englishfreshly cooked breakfastspacious roomfirst classselection of cerealsenjoyed our stayhome from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 August 2009

me and my son stayed 3 days nice room nice staff great food loved chip the dog will use again great place

• Stayed: August 2009
Reviewed 23 August 2009

From the minute you walk through the door you are made very welcome. We had a lovely room which was spacious and very clean. The breakfasts set you up for the day you could have as much as you wanted, we also had our evening meal here each night, there is a menu for you in a morning and you pick whatever you want, Roy did say if we wanted something specific just let him know and he would do that for us.
Only met one of the children Fraser he was a very cheerful, Chip the dog comes and sits in the bar at night. A short walk from all the attractions of Torquay. A real find! Would go back again. Thanks Roy and Marieta for a great holiday .

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2009

I stayed here for a business trip for training in torquay. I think it was a last minute effort to get me in somewhere to stay at phigh season! But, this place was recommended by a member of staff who had stayed there. Lovely room, overlooking gardens, flat screen digital TV and DVD player in my room. Bathroom had everything you would want including toiletries and fluffy towels. Bed made everyday. As a lone traveller on business I was made to feel at home. The husband and wife that run the place are lovely and would make me whatever I wanted for dinner (I am a fussy vegetarian) and at breakfast I could have as much or as little as possible (which was little in my case but I saw other families getting the works!) A short walk from all the attractions of Torquay. A real find! I am thinking of bringing my husband back here for a short stay by the sea!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2009

we had excellent service throughout the week that we stayed at the hotel very pleasant with an excellent breakfast of cereal,yoghurt,fruit, as much toast,tea and coffee and anything from scrambled egg to a full english.
Rooms were very clean and had lots of space beds comfortable shower was great.
overall I would recommend to anyone wishing to spend time in Torquay.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2009

Hotel Iona is great value for money. We had a lovely spacious double room, equally matched by the large blue mosiac tiled bathroom!
The location is great, it is located on a quiet road but the train station and Torquay Harbour are all within walking distance. There is also about 4 different convienience stores just a few mins away!
We had a full english each morning that we were there and I especially loved the unlimited amount of tea, coffee and juices!
Their family dog Chip was a real pleasure, such a cutie but very well-behaved, does not follow you upstairs or sniff around you in the breakfast room so it is all very clean and hygienic!
All in all, a great stay, would recommend, you get a lot for the money!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple