Southbank Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$165
US$108
  • Breakfast included
Corbyn Head Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$233
  • Bar/Lounge
US$127
US$118
Agoda.com
All reviewsbelgrave roadextra suppliesfamily roomtidy roomten minute walkselection of cerealstown centreflights of stairstravel cotyogurtbeds were comfortablea lovely stayplenty of choiceground floorsingle roomfull english breakfastfriendly owners
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed our stay at the Southbank Hotel it would be hard to find a single fault
with the experience of our 3 day stay. i never asked Ian how long he had been an hotel owner but and his wife as got it just right, the room was clean the shower was powerful, with plenty of toiletry's, the bed very comfortable, the breakfast excellent, and every guest had a own table with
the room number, that to me is unique, our room was quiet and peaceful.

Room Tip: We had a superior room I always think it is well worth the extra to make your stay the best possible and this proved correct with the Southbank
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Just returned from a four night stay at this lovely hotel,Ian and Marie make you feel at home and nothing is too much trouble for them.We stayed in room ten which was lovely but as it was at the front of the hotel we had to close the windows to block out the sound of the traffic,but don't let this put you off as the rooms are lovely and clean and the beds are really comfortable.The breakfasts are great home cooked by Marie.If you choose this hotel you will not be disappointed .

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I come to Torquay for the Torbay Half Marathon event. I was alone so just had a single bed with en-suite. The bed was very comfortable, the shower room had all the modcons with the nice touches of shower gels, shampoo, cotton buds and tea/Coffee making facilities. The owners were aware that I unable to make the Breakfast sitting during the first morning due to the early start of the half marathon event however they got of there way to make sure I was fed by providing me cereal, milk and fruit which I was allowed to eat in my room. The second morning I was able to enjoy the full Breakfast that was on offer which include Cereal, fruit, yoghurt, full cooked English breakfast and tea. Overall I am extremely happy with the hotel and service. Looking forward to come back for a much longer stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sb300869
Reviewed 24 June 2013

What can I say, the reviews weren't wrong. What a splendid Hotel, the attention to detail in the hotel and our room was lovely. Everything looks fresh,clean and comfortable which for my husband and I is a definite plus. You will have to go a long way to taste such a great breakfast, it was home cooked and delicious and we were spoilt for choice. The owners Ian and Marie are very accommodating down to allowing my husband to park in front of their garage to give us a little more room for the car. If your looking for a hotel with a good location not far from the sea front, great food, great ambiance and well run by the owners then Southbank Hotel is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Although the room we had was beautifully decorated and lovely and airy being in the front you had to keep the windows closed of an evening to cut out the sound of the traffic which is very busy. Hence the sleep quality being marked down as average and nothing to do with the bed comfort as that was excellent.
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Second stay at the Southbank. Even more enjoyable than the first time. Ian and Marie went out of there way to make us feel welcome. The room was lovely, the breakfast was home cooked and delicious. Worth every penny.Thank you Ian and Marie, see you soon.