“A welcoming and comfortable stay with excellent food.”
Review of Aveland House

Aveland House
Ranked #71 of 148 Torquay B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
“A welcoming and comfortable stay with excellent food.”
Reviewed 8 February 2013 via mobile

Despite the howling winds of a bleak mid-winter day, Aveland House made me feel comfortable and welcome for my short stay.

The room was spotless and the facilities provided me with everything I needed. The full English breakfast is a meal to relish, cooked with all the finest ingredients.

Having found Aveland House, I would not stay anywhere else in Torquay. I look forward to returni g their soon.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Shefford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 November 2012

We have stayed at the Aveland House a few times now and its high standard has always been maintaned. The food is good the rooms always clean and from the moment you arrive nothing is too much trouble for Jacqui and David. The location of the Hotel is ideal for us with St Mary Church and Babbacombe close by and the local bus routes into Torquay shopping centres

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I received a warm welcome and was very impressed with the standard of accommodation, meals and service where attention was paid to detail. I plan on staying at Aveland House again when visiting Torquay.

• Stayed October 2012
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 October 2012

This was my second stay at Aveland House and was just as enjoyable as the first time. I agree that the owners could not be more welcoming and helpful. The accommodation is very clean and the breakfasts are excellent with plenty of choice. The hotel is in a very quiet location but within easy waiking distance to shops, restaurants and the beautiful Babbacombe bay.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank celia o
Kelvedon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 October 2012

A request in June of a travel agency to find us September stays with evening meal facility near Taunton & Exeter had produced no results by 10 September. My search of hotels.com turned up Aveland House, which was all & more than we could ever have expected at such short notice. since we were three & a single room was there to be had. The result was a splendid, restful stay of six nights, in clean, comfortable rooms, with excellent breakfasts & delicious evening meals. Jacqui, our hostess, & her husband, David, were always solicitous for our comfort & pleasure, and never failed to meet our requests. We wished we could have stayed longer. for we came away wholly refreshed & rested. No television in the bedroom—what a blessing to be free from that time-waster! - and the sets in the lounges were all that one needed. I'd recommend Aveland House to anyone who wanted a holiday of freedom with care

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 October 2012

I have just spent an enjoyable week at Aveland House despite the very wet weather. Being a Coeliac I have to follow a strict gluten-free diet and Jacqui met all my food needs very well, with an excellent selection of good things to eat. The accommodation was spotless. Although I drove to the Aveland House by car I didn't use it all the time. The bus stop was only about a 6 minute walk away. I was on the second floor, and as I have Coronary Heart Disease the stairs were a bit of a trial, however if I return again Jacqui said she would allocate a first floor room to me. I hope to return again next year in the Spring.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Ashford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I didn't think it would be possible for Jacqui and David to be more welcoming but this time they surpassed themselves. As returning guests it was lovely to be greeted with a cup of tea and a bit of a chat after our 6 hour drive from Kent. Always happy to offer their local knowledge and directions to the point of David producing a map to Bovey Tracey even though I didn't even ask for one. It's the little things that matter and Jacqui and David can always find time to provide those little touches.

We were given room 8 at the front of the house which was absolutely perfect for our 2 night stay. Wonderfully clean, with crisp white bed linen and the tea and coffee and bathroom facilities fully stocked. Breakfast was super with a wide range to choose from including locally produced bacon, sausages, eggs and more.

Aveland House is ideally placed to explore Babbacombe, Oddicombe and St. Marychurch, is only a short trip away from Torquay town centre and is the best place to stay if you are travelling football fan off to Plainmoor.

This really is a wonderful place to stay run by a fabulous couple. After 4 visits I can honestly say that there is nothing that I would fault. Keep up the good work Jacqui and David (and family). See you soon.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple