I should say first I visit the area professionally and have been for over 8 years several times a year. I can stay anywhere reasonably priced however I always return to this same accommodation because to me they have everything I need.
I understand many visit the area for a holiday and I have also done this with family but the majority of time it's business.
1. The parking is free off road and safe, although the road outside is quiet and parking is easy if you have a larger vehicle on the road.
2. The location is close enough to walk into Babbacombe village, coastal walk or by car to visit Torquay, Paignton yet far away enough not to be disturbed at night when I need to sleep.
3. Local support and knowledge - When I have been here for a holiday I discovered if you talk to the hosts Jacqui and David here they can give you some tourist information and usually a discount stamp/card. ;)
4. Room (No.4) If you get MY regular room you will find a nice clean single bed, table with suitably located mains power supplies (the times I go to some hotels and need to bring an extension lead! or try and work on the bed with the computer). I should say also they have 2 lounge areas down stairs which both have TV's (with Digital Freeview) and comfy chairs.
I prefer this arrangement as the rooms are quieter with lounges and TV's downstairs.
Nearly forgot to say for those who like a little drink and social there is a lovely mini-bar area downstairs accessed through one of the lounges.
Back to my room, the ensuite is clean and showers are hot. I like that there are little toiletries and those little touches added although I bring my own it's nice when I have forgotten something.
5. Internet connection. To some this may not be a big thing, but if your here for business or part of the social networks then this is important. Unlike some hotels I stay at around the UK this lovely place provides it FREE and unlike others that say it's free but in the small print it's for 30minutes this is free the entire time your here! that alone I take into account when choosing somewhere to stay because unless you have a wireless account this can be an additional cost. (think travelodge's and Premier Inn's).
6. Price - typically a single bed is £40 with B&B cheaper if you ring direct ;)
7.The Breakfast - and times are great for me because I need to be out the door and working in the area before 9am. So normally 7:45-8:45am but earlier is available like me by prior arrangement. They locally source everything so the bacon, sausages and eggs are great as part of the full english although I also admit to having a bowl of Cocopops before to ensure I am full for the day! (other serial and breakfast options available but you will need to ask as I don't do anything else).
8. Evening Meals (Mon-Fri). If like me you would rather eat a healthier REALLY home cooked meals than motorway service meals and sandwiches or driving around trying to find places after work I love that this is available. Lovely large dining area that caters for many people staying where I find it interesting talking socially to fellow visitors like me and sharing tips and location experiences around the area. Just ask Jacqui what they are making this evening in advance and impressed they are flexible for those who have allergies.
9. Front garden - there is one but I am on here for business, I get back here, have a meal, check emails and socials but not sat outside. Hmm future thing to do one evening.....
10. Things to do locally - Lots! Just ask Jacqui and David what you want to do during your stay and they are friendly and understanding. x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aveland House AA 4 Star Guest Accommodation Babbacombe,Torquay Devon.Just a short walk to Babbacombe sea front, FREE WI-FI throughout your stay. Free Parking. Come & enjoy breathtaking views glorious beaches, coastal path walks & our wonderful tourist attractions! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Booking.com, Book Direct Rooms, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aveland House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aveland House Torquay, Devon