“Don't take any notice of the poor comments, go and see for yourself.”

Rainbow International Hotel
Ranked #56 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Don't take any notice of the poor comments, go and see for yourself.”
Reviewed 3 December 2010

For the last 15 years I have organised a trip for appromimately 35 - 40 people. I booked to go to the Rainbow earlier this year, and after reading many of the reviews I was to say the least alarmed. I had 3 people cancel because of the reviews. I spoke to the hotel who assured me that everything would be fine. I took a chance and stayed with the booking. I am glad I did, the group said this was the best weekend they have ever had, the food was excellent and plentiful. The entertainment was extremely good. The only complaint I had was that the bar did not open long enough. I admit the rooms could do with a lick of paint but they were clean, also clean bedding and towels. They all want to go there again next year. What better recomendation could you have than this.

1 Thank AlisonS68

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 30 November 2010

The staff were all very helpful,friendly & always available.
My room was very clean & tidy with the beds made every day & refreshments topped up.
The entertainment was appropriate for the time of year.
The whole hotel was clean & inviting.
I had a swim in the warm clean pool.
The food was very very good with plenty of selection.
Having said all that.The hotel could have done with decorating.only a small cosmetic thing that didn't cause any problems.
it was decorated ready for christmas very tastefully

1 Thank tina186220
Reviewed 29 November 2010

The Service was Great,Food was 1st Class plenty of choice with cheerful staff ,who were polite and helpful. The entertainment was very Good,The Porters took our luggage to our rooms,and collected on our departure. The only down point is The shower are too high for short people who are disabled'
J Emary Bristol

hayling island
Reviewed 29 November 2010

my mum has just came back from the rainbow hotel,and had a wonderful time and all the bad report's about this place .are from the staff that worked thair when the hotel was run by the old owners ..this place is being done up room by room as you could understand diy on a big scale like this takes time and thay have done so much and its wonderful ...my mum and the coach load.. all said.. that thay will be going back,and all thair is to say is well done to the new owner's and keep up the good work .....

Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2010

probably the most shoddy accommodation I have stayed in. The carpets were filthy and there was mould around the window frame and it smelled of damp. It was in need of a complete re-furbishment when I was there. There was no restaurant, only a canteen where food was served buffet style but was dried out at 8:30pm under the blazing heat lamps. Stay clear- stay somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Torquay hotels

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 November 2010

After reading the reviews we were a bit concerned about what to expect from our visit to this hotel in Torquay,to the degree that we were thinking of cancelling our booking.
We'd just like to say that we were so glad we didn't.We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Rainbow.
The staff were so friendly and helpful,the service was excellent and the food was fantastic,the entertainment was good and our whole time there was superb value for money.
We'd just like to thank everyone at the hotel for making it a great week for us and our friends.We were there for the tinsel and turkey and wouldn't hesitate to book up to go again.I can't think for the life of me think what people expect for their money,we couldn't fault it for what looking for,a fun break away for a few days with friends.many thanks.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Pevensey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2010

Our friends who visit the Rainbow Hotel 4 times a year suggested to us that we should take a break, and visit the Hotel. We where pleasantly surprise, a clean and comfortable room, a good breakfast and dinner every day for only £89 for 4 nights. How do they do it? Also a good fun entertaiment show every night. Well done to all staff, we will be back.
P. J. Buckingham