“Great Stay”
Review of Ashley Court Hotel

Ashley Court Hotel
Ranked #81 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

I loved staying at this hotel, it was value for money, the food was superb and I had a wonderful night's sleep. I would recommend it as it's close to the town and the beach. I definitely had no complaints.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank SueRegan73

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel on a coach trip.The hotel is very dated but the food was very good served by very obliging staff.My bed was uncomfortable as I could feel the bed springs through the mattress,this I solved by putting the quilt from the other bed in my room on to my mattress.Hotel handy for town via car park lift which brings you on to the high street.Overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank HoneyLincolnshire
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Trip was a bit long from MK. When we finally got to the hotel, dinner was waiting and was hot. For the next four days at the hotel, Breakfast had a good selection and hot. Dinner ordered at breakfast was available within 10 mins of sitting down for dinner again hot. Menu was basic but good quality. Room we had was clean and was tidied every day. Swimming pool was in use and heated (lovely little sun trap). Best part of trip was Entertainment. If you can get through the Bingo session there were four individual acts through the week with two being exceptional.
Only draw back was the management (not staff) was a bit officious.

Room Tip: No 40 is on its own overlooking pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aidenjames
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We were on a 5day/4night coach trip with David Urquat. Our driver, Danny, was exceptionally knowledgeable and professional keeping us up to date with the itinerary. The coach was very comfortable and the trips were most enjoyable. The booking in was very efficient and the staff were friendly. Even though the hotel is in need of an update the bedding and towels were clean and changed frequently. The rooms were of an adequate size with an en-suite with a powerful shower. There was always a good supply of tea, coffee and milk in the rooms. The food was very good with several choices at each meal. The soups were very tasty. The table service in the restaurant was very efficient and our waitress ,Stacey, was always pleasant and nothing was too much trouble for her. Another very pleasant person was Poppit who worked behind the bar: she even lent my friend some cigarettes until he was able to nip down to the shops to buy some. The hotel entertainment was ok especially on the Wednesday night were we were kept thoroughly entertained by Chris. Although we did not use the pool it was used frequently by other guests. We are glad we waited to make up our own minds about the hotel and as the saying goes "You get what you pay for", You should not expect 4* for 2* payments. A good holiday was had by our group.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank reluctantrose
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel on a number of occasions and everytime have not been disapointed .the staff in the dinning room are a great bunch always polite and however full the dinning room is always excellent service.yes i agree the hotel does need a update on decor. I always have a good welcome and have never felt the owners are rude to myself or to othed guests . Food is superb here .the bedrooms are clean and always well stocked on tea and coffee suplies.All in all a good value for money hotel

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank vivrol
Reviewed 14 August 2013

i do not understand all the negative reviews of this hotel just got back from a weekend coach trip and have no complaints will be returning to this hotel food was very good staff were very attentive and nothing was to much trouble for them the room was not as dated as we thought they would be after reading the reviews

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank christina t
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Ashley Court Hotel for 8 days in July on arrival we where made very welcome the staff in attendance where the most attentive that I have come across over the years holidaying away from home the accommodation was of a very high standard we where spoiled getting a choice of three or more on each of the settings of our evening meal and the same for breakfast the evening entertainment was excellent although most people don't look at the surroundings of the building however I found that the staff where always looking after us with regular health and safety checks with-in the building ensuring entrances and exits are clear at all times cannot praise them enough well done I will be coming back and would encourage others to go thanks for making our stay memorable one.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family