Shirley Hotel
US$142
US$137
Travelocity
Great 4.5/5
All reviewsfresh milkhonesty barlovely hotelbiscuitsbottled waterb bon arrivalcup of teawarm welcomefull englishlittle extrastop floorshort walkgreat hostsnothing is too much troublelots of choiceenjoyable stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2009

People say you should never return to somewhere, the memories are neverthe same as the reality. This hotel proves the exception. Another excellent stay was had by my husband and I.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2009

The owners are warm, welcoming and excellent hosts. The room was immaculate and very comfortable - I had a great nights kip. Breakfast was great fun and set me up for the day. The hotel is within walking distance of everything in Torquay.

Highly recommended 5/5.......... I'll definitely stay there again when I go back to Torquay.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2009

My wife and I have just enjoyed a short three nights stay at the Shirley hotel where I had first visited on a business trip last year.

The fact that we enjoyed the stay so much was down to the super hospitality of our hosts, Debbie, Gary, and Adam(My wife's favourite), The hotel has continued to be improved and was very clean and fresh.

Nothing is too much trouble for the staffs and everyone is made to feel very welcome and at home. The excellent breakfast sets you up for the day.

Highly recommended and excellent value again.

Ian & Steph

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2009

We visited the Shirley last year for our anniversary. We had such a good time we went back for more this year. We found that Gary and Debbie have continued the work of improving the already high standard of the accomodation. The four stars are completely justified.

Best of all is the family feel of the place and the genuine warmth and enthusiasm of the hosts. Absolutely top notch. Thanks to Gary, Debbie and Adam, and all the staff.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2009

We enjoyed our 6 day stay enormously and are going to book again this year.

Gary and Debbie are superb hosts and nothing was too much trouble for them. We were made to feel very welcome.

The hotel is is superb and in an equally superb spot near the harbour - handy for all attractions.

Excellent service from friendly staff.

Fab hotel, very clean and tastefully furnished and decorated. Fab breakfast too which set us up for the day.

Excellent value for money and I would recommend it to everyone!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)