“RUDE OWNER”

Ranked #32 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
Coventry
“RUDE OWNER”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Came to this hotel yesterday, the owner and his wife answered the door. I commented on the SMALL amount of parking spaces the owner rudely answered "it's more than enough". We haven't encountered him since until tonight (yes I am currently in my room writing this) I asked him for a glass with ice to have my pop with.. Hr RUDELY started shouting at me and my partner in front of his regulars... Telling me I would have to pay for the glass and Ice like premier inn (no need to flatter yourself mr owner I pray I'm in a premier inn) after a ten minute lecture he gave me the glass then my mother paid him for the glass of ice (which he gladly took) maybe this could be towards a new cleaner bathroom?? Ps the lady owner was lovely. Please sort out your customer service and cleanliness. CHEERS.. Do not come here pay a bit more

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Stacedonna92
ji16480, Manager at Nethway Hotel, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Unfortunately this is the downside of Tripadvisor, which can usually be an amazingly useful tool for genuine holidaymakers and hoteliers. We use reviews of our hotel, both good and bad, to improve our guest experience and feel we run a good value warm and friendly establishment. Reviews like this are not helpful to anyone and are sadly down to pure nastiness. Sorry, but we are not prepared to allow anyone to take advantage of the relaxed environment (as in this case by supplying glasses and ice so that someone can consume their own drinks in our function room) just so that we are blackmailed into not getting bad reviews. As a longstanding hotelier, I do feel that this is unfortunately what this site is now breeding and it is so sad. I, will therefore, repeat myself and answer this review honestly as I have the other two from this group as follows:-

As per my previous responses to your group reviews, unfortunately we do not supply glasses and ice for own alcohol consumption in our function room. Also, I can categorically state that no one rudely told you that there was more than enough parking on arrival, no one shouted at you and your partner in the bar (backed up by all the guests present in the bar) and no money was taken from your mother for ice. We are pleased to see that your "negative" views of our hotel didn't deter you from completing the remainder of your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Coventry, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Disgusting customer service. Asked for glass and ice and rude owner told us that if we stayed at the premiere inn we would have to pay for this.... In front of all the guests sitting in the bar. No real parking facilities, basic rooms, that's ok but do expect a bit of courtesy to paying guests. Would recommend you stay at the premiere inn.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Sue C
ji16480, Manager at Nethway Hotel, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel whilst you are still staying with us. I am sorry that you were unhappy that we were not prepared to give you four emply glasses with ice so that you could consume your own drinks in our function room. I really don't think any establishment with a licensed bar, not even the Premier Inn, would be prepared to do that. I am pleased to see that you have been happy to continue your stay with us though and that you have managed to park your car at all times in the hotel car park.
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Stayed here 5 years ago and decided to return for a weekend break,Dave and Jo were just starting to develop the hotel on our first visit and we were very impressed with what they have achieved since then.We enjoyed our first break here but found a lot of improvements and upgrades had been made throughout the hotel since then,our room was really nice with a good sea view, well decorated and very clean as was the hotel in general.This was complimented by the friendly owners and their staff.Will try not to leave it so long to return next time.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank 145juliec145
warwickshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

we had a really warm welcome from Dave and the staff. The room was clean and the bed really comfortable.The food was excellent and plenty of it! the entertainment was great and Colin the waiter made the holiday even more enjoyable with his friendly banter.Overall a really nice place to stay and we would not hesitate to return

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laneeWarwickshire
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

when we arrived Dave and his wife were there to greet us with a nice cup of tea or coffee which was lovely,cases were taken to our room.Our room was lovely,comfy beds and soft fluffy large towels,a beautiful view of the sea. Breakfast and evening meal were excellent served by friendly staff.There is a bus stop right outside with frequent service we walked down into Torquay through Torre Abbey then caught the bus back. We had a lovely time

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank dendy355
Eastwood, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

Just returned from new year break with Nova Travel of Chesterfield. First time with them and were very pleased with The Nethway, Dave and Jo plus all the other staff made us very welcome. Food was excellent and the entertainment was very good. Will certainly visit them again in the future. Maureen and Bernard Slack of Eastwood.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2013

Stayed here on business. Excellent room and food was fresh tasty and delicious.
My room was comfy, clean, roomy and well equipped.
The proprietors were friendly and helpful, nothing was too much trouble. Next time I am in torquay this e
Will be my hotel of choice

Room Tip: Several rooms on ground floor if you aren't keen on the stairs