“Not the best”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 29 August 2014

We had a late night having been on the day exercursion on the steam train and river boat. So we decided to try this pkace for a Pizza, we arrived at 8.15pm and ordered, only to be advised 10 minutes later that they had no more pizza bases, so we had to re order, not a problem, except the alternative cesaer salad had unedible croûtons on it and total overkill on the lettuce, the grilled chicken was quite tough, and over cooked. Their was total overkill of the amount o chips with the ribs they could have probably fed a family of 4.It has pleny of burgers and hot dogs to choose from, I guess the name American Diner gives it away. We felt that we were being rushed and that staff were keen to be finished.

1  Thank Diane R

Reviewed 26 August 2014

We dropped in for our evening meal mainly as they had high chairs and we had a toddler the staff were very helpful and food was excellent and right price .

Reviewed 25 August 2014 via mobile

Enjoyed our food, although had no idea of portion size (as no pics on menu) so couldn't finish our burgers and chips even though myself and OH have big appetites! OH had buffalo wings to start; they were nice but not as 'fiery hot' as he was hoping for, they were in a nice sticky bbq sauce for me tho and served with a blue cheese dip which he liked too. I had chilli and cheese burger with regular chips and OH had pulled pork burger with chilli and cheese large fries- huge portion which we could have shared if we'd realised. Everything was hot and tasty and served in plastic red dishes like a proper 50's diner. The decor inside is clean and very apt for the diner theme. Enjoyed the slideshow and jukebox playing 50's hits. Fab service, very friendly and polite staff. Overall a very lovely meal and great experience!

Reviewed 23 August 2014 via mobile

Attracted in to this venue by the thought of a quick & tasty lunch, how very wrong was I?
Greeted at the door with a smile, I looked into the seating area to see it was completely empty.
Signs and menu say coca cola, yet we were told "Pepsi"
We ordered a pizza, 2 child's ribs and a sharing platter with a side of fries.
We sat for 20 minutes, then it arrived, burnt pizza, soggy chips on all plates and platter was all deep fried frozen food. Almost all was terrible!
Never again, and suggest anyone steers clear!

5  Thank Rob P
Reviewed 21 August 2014

It was me and my family out for a nice birthday treat, we headed into the diner to see ladies at the door waiting. One of the ladies took us to our place and gave us the menus. The menus were very limited but seemed quite nice, the atmosphere was great! lots of American things all around the room and a lovely slide show on the wall of the 50's stars. E.g Elvis Presley, etc... I ordered a hot dog with chips, my family ordered burgers. When the meal finally came, I was quite disappointed. The burgers were apparently fine, but my hot dog wasn't. The hot dog wasn't a proper hot dog! all it had a was a very big sausage with bread either side of it. Maybe the proper hot dog sausage might have been better? But that's not all, it was smothered in mustard, ketchup and union! It would have been nice maybe to have had two little cups with the ketchup and mustard on the side of the plait and a lot less onion. My family had been to a diner in Paignton by the zoo a couple time and it was AMAZING! it is now a "animal in distress" charity shop now...sadly. But the place was decorated beautifully, even the toilets! with lots of pictures, props and a beautiful lit up mirror in the woman's loo. Sadly the toilets in Keith's diner were boring and dull, (even the toilets should be nicely decorated) clean though. I liked the fact that there were sick bags in the toilets, with the amount of food being serve, it's a good job! All I can say was the desert was nice and so was the atmosphere.
Written by a very disappointed 13 year old on her birthday. :-(