“Outstanding hospitality! Clean! Superb Location! Excellent breakfast!”

The Patricia Guest House
Ranked #50 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
West Midlands
“Outstanding hospitality! Clean! Superb Location! Excellent breakfast!”
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Just arrived home from a 3 night stay at The Patricia...fantastic!! I am a single parent travelling with a 6yr old boy. Check-in was swift and smooth (pay by cash or card), Roy offered to help with our luggage. We were shown to our room (ground floor). It was inviting, spotlessly clean, with extra little toiletries in bathroom. We were given guidance concerning breakfast arrangements, clean towels, tv and alarm clock. There were tea/coffee making facilities with biscuits which my little boy immediately devoured!! I was shown which keys were which and told to come and go as we pleased. Breakfast was fantastic!! My little boy ate and was treated, like a prince! He was that impressed he gave Kathy a well deserved 2000 out of 10 for her beautiful breakfast!! Roy was attentive and you could have as much or as little as you wished, from a wide choice of menu..we plumped for juice, cereal, full english, toast, coffee and milk!! Set us up for the day, it was served promptly and hot..most important. The establishment throughout was exceptionally clean. I was grateful that Roy and Kath were able to move breakfast to an earlier slot just for us on the Saturday, as we had an early wedding to attend where my little boy was page boy. This was accomodated with no quibble and they made a lovely fuss of my little man in his suit!! Also, when I booked I asked if there was any availability of parking, which they kindly reserved a space at the back of their hotel for us...this saved trying to carry or walk a very tired liitle boy too far late at night!! The location is just right, 5 mins to town and less to the beach, just enough to walk our breakfast off before starting the day!! Roy was extremely helpful with directions and gave us a booklet containing discount vouchers for the many attractions around and about..on a tight budget this was extremely helpful! Nothing was too much trouble, even down to altering the alarm clock and resetting the time due to the hour going back!
Roy and Kath...thankyou so much for a wonderful few days...when we come your way again (which my little boy informs me will be soon!), we will definitely wish to stop with you again. Sian & TJ

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2011

We had two rooms and were made very welcome from the moment we arrived. Both rooms were lovely and clean and the beds were comfortable we felt at home and were relaxed. The breakfast was first class as were the evening meals. Every guest was looked after in the same way and nothing was ever to much trouble. Roy and Kath helped to make it a enjoyable and relaxing holiday. We had five lovely days 26/9/11.

Room Tip: Down stairs room better for people with mobility problems
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Norwich
Reviewed 9 September 2011

Stayed here for seven nights with the better half, can't believe this place is only four star. The moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome, and were asked if we had a good journey. Roy checked us in promptly, picked up my suitcase as if it were a feather, and carried it to the third floor. (Believe me we may only have been in Torquay for seven nights but my husband thinks I had enough shoes, bags and clothes for a month, that case was not light). Upon entering our room it was spotlessly clean, including lampshades and skirting boards. Yes i know, but its from my childhood my mother always used to say if the skirting boards and lampshades are clean so is everything else.

Breakfast next morning was just superb, cooked by Kath with real back bacon from a local breed, the eggs I think may have been organic they were so tasty. Sausages were again of a supreme quality, really meaty and full of flavour. The whole breakfast was clearly provided using only the finest of local produce and branded baked beans. None of your cheap, wholesalers produce served here. Bedding was of a superb quality, together with thick soft fluffy towels. A nice touch was complimentary bathroom toiletries again these were of good quality and only a minimal amount required to get a good lather.

The free wireless internet access was very fast, ideal for those on business or like us keeping up with the family while we were away.

When it came to our departure Roy again carried my case down stairs, even heavier this time. (got pressies) I cannot recommend this establishment highly enough for anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Torquay. One suggestion I would make is phone the hotel direct, this way you can negotiate a best price. Remember if you book through an agent the hotel will be paying them commission. That commission is better in yours and the hotels pocket.

Room Tip: Phone the hotel direct, ask for Ray or Kath and negotiate their best price.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank siamesecats
Matlock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2011

This is now the 4th time I have visited The Patricia with my youger sister. What can I say?! ... It just gets better and better!! Kath and Roy warmly welcome you into their home, the rooms are immaculately presented with all the home comforts you need, the food is fantastic, and the hotel is situated as close to the town centre and beach as it can be!!
Lots of fun things to do close by, with water fun, leasure centres, historic sites and shopping within easy walking! We can't wait to come back next year!!!
Thank you so much!!
Laura and Emily.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank laurakathryn88
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Great small hotel where the owners were very friendly and always helpful. Rooms were all en-suite and very clean. Breakfasts were very enjoyable with tea, coffee, fruit juices, cereals as well as a full English breakfast served. All tailored to meet guests requirements. Located just 5 mins walk from the sea front and from the main town. Great value for money and would certainly be visiting again when next in Devon. Many thanks Roy and Kathy for your hospitality.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My fiance and I had a lovely stay here last week and will definitely be coming back! The hotel was immaculate, infact I don't think we've stayed anywhere as clean. Roy and his wife were perfect hosts and provided lots of information about Torquay and the surrounding areas. The breakfast was amazing and all this for a really reasonable price. Highly recommended!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
melbourne
Reviewed 17 May 2011

Very much enjoyed our stay at the Patricia Guest. Roy and Kath were great hosts and we very very welcome. I stayed for six nights with my parents and I had a lovely cosy double room on the first floor. The guest house was spotless clean and the food was very good and plentiful. Would definetly stay there again when I next visit Torquay. Also it was great to find a nice guest house that offered the opion of evening meal.

• Stayed May 2011