“First class B&B”

Ranked #8 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Bristol, United Kingdom
“First class B&B”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

My wife and I stayed two days midweek. We had a superior room which was spotless and very comfortable despite the very hot day and night! Very tastefully decorated and lounge adequate for late evening drinks. The breakfast was sufficient to last the day, although you can have various combinations. Jeff and Sandra made you very welcome and gave us an insight to various places to visit in and around Torquay

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My partner and I visited Abbeyfield the week of 14th July for a 5 night stay and had a lovely time. I contacted Jeff prior to the visit for advice on local spa's and he came back to me immediately with very useful information which meant we enjoyed a fabulous massage at a local spa as a treat. Jeff and Sandra were very friendly and welcoming on arrival - as a same-sex couple this is sometimes a concern. From the delicious breakfast (loved the full English and the fruit - had 3 courses most mornings!), to the cleanliness and comfort of the bed, the location of the B&B (short walk to the seafront), we couldn't have asked for anything else. We stayed in Room 2 which was light, airy and had a lovely view and extremely comfortable bed. Thank you for giving us a wonderful break!

Room Tip: Our room (Room 2) was lovely - highly recommend this one!
1 Thank Emma B
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Just back from a 5 night stay. The place is spotless and tastefully decorated from the guest seating room and dining room to the bedroom. The owners were very friendly and Jeff gave advice on arrival about the sights and places to go and also a handy map.There were lots of leaflets of places to see in the hallway. The breakfast was great, good choice of cereal, fresh fruit and cooked to order breakfast. I stayed in a double room upstairs which had an en- suite shower. The room was comfortable and more than ample for one person and enough room for two also. It had all the facilities you require, tea,coffee tray restocked daily, kettle, tv, hairdryer and even a ironing board on the upstairs landing area, even enough hangers in the wardrobe which some bigger hotels never seem to provide. Location was in a quiet Road about 10 minutes from the sea front and about 20 minutes from the main shopping/harbour area. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My Wife & I stayed 3 nights for a long weekend in a delux double room. The room was spotless quiet & comfortable. A good location for getting around the area, a short walk, bus ride or taxi to the town or harbour The hosts were friendly & welcoming, we both felt totally relaxed. Jeff met us on arrival with tea & biscuits in the lounge & took this time to introduce us to the area explaining things to do, bus routes, taxis, restaurants... An excellent choice of menu at breakfast, we were only there 3 mornings so didn't get around to sampling all the fayre on offer. Our stay was over far too quickly & we are looking forward to the next one at the Abbeyfield already.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I booked here the night before we drove down to Torquay on the reviews on TA. The reviews are justified.

This guest house is perfect for anyone wishing to have a good base camp for staying in Torquay. It is only a short walk to the sea front too.

We stayed in the "cozy room" which suited our needs for the 3 nights. Clean, tidy and well presented.

The owner is a excellent host and cooks a "mean" fry up! (especially the sausages...Good choice!)

I happily recommended anyone to stay here and it's top of our list to stay longer, later in the year.

Thanks to the owners for making our stay very welcome......

P.S
Get the sausages in for our next visit! Haha

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Peterborough
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Upon deciding to come back to Torquay for our holiday we had no doubt where we wanted to stay. The Abbeyfield Hotel. We booked for four nights and had the same room as usual - the ground floor room with amazingly comfortable big bed. The rooms are so light and bright and make us feel in 'holiday' mode and really relaxed. Jeff and Sandra were again brilliant hosts. Nothing is too much trouble and they really do care about their guests. I always buy a carton of milk when I am away so I can make my flasks and have extra tea if I want and so I generally place it in the sink in cold water. Jeff and Sandra gave me a small thermos flask of milk every day - so very kind. Breakfast is always my favourite mal of the day and I love my toast. Jeff remembered this from last time we stopped - you see they always got he extra mile. My husband never usually has cooked breakfast but he did this time and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was also very nice to speak to the other guests and breakfast gives you that opportunity if you want. Jeff and Sandra's tips about the area, dining, visiting attractions etc are always well received and very helpful. If you do visit and are interested in history visit the gardens at Brunel Manor on the Teignmouth Road - so interesting. Thank you Jeff and Sandra - we hope to visit again very soon

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just stayed 2 nights at this great B&B. Deluxe King Room - fantastic. Hotel was spotless, Rooms were great. Friendliest hosts we have ever had. Breakfast was excellent. Quiet location, just a short stroll to main area, very relaxing. Didn't realise how much there was to do in this neck of the woods!. Will be heading this way again, and will definitely be looking up this B&B. Great value all round.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 2 - deluxe room - huge bed, huge bathroom. Would recommend it.