“Great for kids”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Torquay
Parkdean - Torquay Holiday Park
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived there on the 30th June. Caravan was boiling!! it was lovely and clean and a good size for my party of 5. We were told that the lounge was large enough to keep our travel cot pushed to the back which it wasn't but that wasnt a problem. My son loved the park and the horse in the arcade. The kids entertainment was good. The (adult) entertainment wasnt great but what you would expect for cheap holiday (sun holiday).The pool was ideal but the lifeguards wouldnt let my son down the slide cos he wasn't quite tall enough, which really upset him cos he was allowed on it the day before!!!!! At the end of the day my kids loved it and thats what counts.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank starlightrob1

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Booked through the sun holidays and after reading reviews wasnt expecting too much but were pleasantly surprised how nice this was. We were allocated an apartment which were very nice. Kids entertainment was very good and lovely pool. Will definitely return in the future

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank joethepower
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Just come back after a long weekend. Was allocated a caravan at the back of the park. Very steep hill to walk up and down everytime you wanted to vist the swimming pool, club house, arcades ect. Swimming pool was good size with flume, childrens area and jucazzi for over 16. The entertainment on a night was better some nights then others. Play area for children is very good,shame it rained so my children couldnt use it. Not enough around the park to do if the weather is rubbish,arcade or swimming that's it. Caravan I was impressed with untill the toilet and sink got blocked. Reported problem in the morning and lucky we was out for the day as when we got back at 19.00 no one had been out. If we had been in we would have to keep walking all the way up to reception area to use loos. Had to phone out of hours who come down straight away to try and fix the problem and then informed he has been on maintance all day but no one had reported the problem to him. He couldn't fix it so allocated us a caravan next door, and said we could use that to go to the loo and use the shower untill the next day when we was leaving. This was fine untill the following morning and he hadnt informed reception or cleaners. Lucky I had just gotten out of the shower!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Chevon M, Manager at Parkdean - Torquay Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry we didn't quite get your experience right and appreciate you taking the time to share your comments.

Kind regards,
Chevon

Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We returned back on Friday 27th upon arrival all,was good polite member of staff on reception and allocated us our caravan on arch road with parking I was surprised at how nice and clean the caravan was we wasn't expecting it we paid extra for beds to be made up which they were the only downside was it rocked a little to much u did feel sea sick at times we then unpacked and went exploring up to the shop and restaurant and the outdoor play area which is really good but to big for our little one the drinks were expensive but u don't mind paying it we ordered food however we sent two meals back as they were frozen they were happy to change them.
We spent a morning in the pool with our little one he loved it and we did to.
We watched kids club at night and played Bingo we left then for bed.we used the arcade area which was fun.

All in all its a great place to use as a base for going exploring to torquay and paignton Which we did daily.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank anthony b
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived on site we book an 2014 new car van with parking at the side of the car van. Apon arrival we found a shed on a square surrounding by more sheds. The carvan was horrible. We didn't even spend night there. We went to the reception told them we was un happy with the carvan plus the people around the carvan and she said we could of moved you but the site full not very helpful. Worst site we ever been to.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Beth H
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We visited Torquay Holiday Park with the Sun newspaper promotion. We had a caravan situated in Saddle Tor which wasn't too much of a walk up the hill to the amenities which was good as the site is very hilly. The caravan was OK, in need of a refurbishment I think, but OK for the money we paid. I would be disappointed if we had paid the summer holiday prices and ended up with this type of van. We have been to other Parkdean sites, ie St Minver, which in my opinion is much nicer.

We had purchase the linen package along with the entertainment passes. Glad we got the linen as it saved us time in making the beds up as we were only on a weekend break. Although we were told we had to purchase the passes to access all the amenities on site, I don't think this is the case as we were never asked to see them and apparently you can use the swimming pool and the arcade without them. We did not use the pool as we were out and about too much.

The site itself is clean and tidy and has a great play area for the children and a massive playing field. It has a restaurant, shop and laundrette based under the apartment block (which could do with a refurb too!). Never used the shop or laundrette but did use the restaurant and found to my amazement on the last day having breakfast that you had to toast your own bread! This is the first holiday park, and I have been to a lot, that I have been told I had to toast my own bread for breakfast. I though that was the idea of eating out and not self catering!!!

All in all we had a great weekend, but I think mainly this was to do with the weather and us getting out and about and site seeing.

We will visit Parkdean sites again, but not the Torquay site.

Room Tip: Ask for a caravan nearer to the reception if you have anyone in your party who has mobility issues a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Came home today from a weekend stay that was booked through the Sun promotional holidays. The weather was absolutely superb and I can't help but think that it definitely plays a big part in the enjoyment of your holiday and puts things in a better perspective. The park itself is very hilly as others have stated and as long as you are prepared for this then it shouldn't be a problem. We were allocated a caravan in Bell Tor, which is located just below the shop, restaurant, laundrette and play area. There are very steep steps to walk up or you drive up but be warned there is very limited parking. In front of Bell Tor 1, was a massive playing field which was perfect for the children and a decent outlook.

The play area was fantastic, a credit to Parkdean. My daughters spent hours there and it was suitable for my 3 and 8 year olds. What I found to be a bonus is that you can sit on the decking outside the restaurant with a drink or a bite to eat and watch your kids play. The shop serves a purpose, nice little nick nacks and gifts etc as well as general food and drink. Didn't eat in the restaurant but it was great for drinks and slush puppies!

The 10am toddlers session at the entertainment complex was a hit with my 3 year old. We didn't use the arcade there but did use the swimming pool. It was lovely and warm and a decent size too. There was a jacuzzi and a kids pool. There are lockers and changing rooms but we just left out towels on the chairs which there are quite a few of around the pool if you just want to watch or have a break.

TOP TIP.....You do not need to purchase passes when booking a promotional holiday to gain access to the swimming pool or the daytime activities. A lady on reception told me this when I asked how much it would be to use the pool as I hadn't bought them. Also, we did not pre-purchase bed linen and hoped that we would have some left for us which has happened before but not this time. We ended up paying £13 for linen for a party of 4 and had to make the beds ourselves which isn't a problem but next time we will just pay for it and have the beds made ready. Also, we arrived about 3pm to be told our caravan wasn't ready. Not a problem as we know the standard check-in time is 4pm but when we asked to leave our mobile number so we could have a text message sent when it was ready we were told they can't as there were too many to do. Other Parkdean sites do this so was somewhat perplexed. Due to this I anticipated a large queue of people checking in on my return an hour later but no, I was the only one there! I strongly suspect that the caravan was available but as I hadn't upgraded I wasn't going to be allowed in early, no matter what.

My family and I use these promotional breaks as a cheap way of road testing them if you like and if we get a great holiday then we return but book direct with the tour operator to get what we want hence paying more so I still can't fathom why some places seem intent on going that extra mile to make it as best they possibly can for you to try to ensure your return when others just do what it says on the tin. Overall we had a brilliant holiday, but was it down to Parkdean Torquay or mainly due to the weather and our trips out and about?!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
The Richwood
Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven
Beverley Holidays
Beverley Holidays
#3 of 25 in Paignton

Been to Parkdean - Torquay Holiday Park? Share your experiences!