“Spectacular views and property”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Kath D
Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Spectacular views and property”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed for one week in May 2014, the property was spotlessly clean,everything was lovely and new, the spa bath was a luxury, and easy to use. The kitchen was well equipped . There was a problem with a leak in the laundry room ceiling and I notified the owner who texted me to let me know he had sorted it, it was due to a pipe in the dishwasher. We would not hesitate to book this property again.
The only point I could make is that, it would have been nice to have met the owner at some point during the stay, it would then have seemed more personal as we were staying in his holiday property. We have since recommended this property to many people.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Manda1954
“Immaculate Apartment, fabulous views, very well equipped and spotlessly clean.”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

My husband and I have stayed in holiday lets all over the country for decades and this has to be one of, if not the best, we have ever had the pleasure of renting. The apartment is beautifully appointed, immaculately clean and very well equipped. We found everything to be in good working order and had no difficulty in operating any of the appliances, fixtures and fittings. The views from the panoramic windows over the bay are stunning both night and day and when I sent photos to friends and family, most thought that we must be in Italy or on the French Riviera!

We will definitely be returning to this apartment as we visit the area fairly regularly and can not imagine ever finding anywhere more pleasurable to stay.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
james v
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic place to stay.”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

Having just read the last review about this amazing apartment I just had to reply and add my views
We stayed here April 2014 for one week and not only made the right choice but did not want to go home ! Firstly the views are the most spectacular I would say in the whole of Torquay.The Apartment itself is absolutely stunning We never stopped saying Wow as we walked around the place. The kitchen was very well equipped and the bedrooms both with en suite were very spacious and comfy Our boys 12/15 were both very impressed with having their own walk out patio to sit and read and take in the views. We all slept very well on the large comfy beds and instructions for the Jacuzzi were in a drawer in the bathroom,which was a great novelty to us as we had never been in one before ! The walk into Torquay was steep but steady for most visitors to manage (a taxi was only £4 if needed) and when in the town there was plenty to do including bus and boat trips.We did not move our car from its own private safe parking place for most of the week.I cannot fault the cleanliness in this apartment and I have high standards in my own home ! Yes the internet was very intermittent but useable but we did not go on holiday to be on the computers and phone all day We went for a relaxing break and that is what we got.I cannot stress how highly we would recommend this beautiful apartment to anyone and everyone.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The View
Liked least: Loved it all
Travelling group: Teenagers
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
XS-Baggag...
Newark, UK
“Stunning views & very comfortable”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed here at the end of November and had a very enjoyable autumn break. It's a great time of the year to enjoy torquay if you're lucky enough to get dry weather as its not full of tourists! The apartment is in a stunning location with great views over the bay below. The lounge was a delight to relax in & watch the world go by down below with a very comfy sofa & ambient lighting. If it was ours we would probably have blinds that could be pulled across the panoramic windows in the lounge if required & the wifi was unreliable but good 3G signal & so latter didn't matter much. Bedroom & en-suite were super with large walk-in wardrobe. Fairly easy walk down into torquay & off road parking was good as one or two places like this in torquay seem not to be able to offer that.

Melvyn J
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Luxury apartment with a view to die for.”
Reviewed 28 December 2014 for a stay in March 2014
people found this review helpful

We stayed here in March 2014 for 3 days. I quote from my diary of the holiday ' we opened the front door and walked through with astonishment at the high quality of the decor and the unbelievably beautiful views'.

Our stay here was great and we have decided to return soon. The apartment was immaculate, very well equipped kitchen, cooking being my hobby, and our bedroom and bathroom excellent. Lounge could hardly be bettered. We did have some problems with the timer for the heating which was a bit annoying.

This is a very desirable place to stay and my wife and I look forward to our next visit. Don't miss out on this little gem.

dianne d
Somerset, United Kingdom
“book else where!”
Reviewed 19 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

I stayed at this property as a guest.

I found the property had many faults, cleanness was to a bad standard, faulty electricity, dirty towels, faulty wi-fi & random heating.

The property owner is very rude, and disturbed us right through the holiday.

Workmen called almost everyday, with no notice to us.

The cleaner was in shock as we changed the bedding, and moaned he didn't have any clean bedding, maybe he lives in these conditions but I do not.

I understand the owner of this property only likes people to make a review on the BlueChip Website, but please take note - BlueChip decided what reviews are allowed on page, with Trip Adviser you only get honesty.

My advice to anyone thinking of booking this property OR any property with the owner then please don't waste your hard earned money.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Nothing
Liked least: Everything
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Graham C
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Standards.”
Reviewed 17 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
people found this review helpful

The complainants liked the property so much they wanted to extend a further week. We couldn't offer that as it was booked, so they were offered Riviera Apartment next door. On changeover day the Cleaning Company contacted me, something they have never done before, because there was a lot of rubbish and they felt The Mews had been left in an untidy disrespectful way. I inspected it and agreed. I spoke to the Complainants saying “I would appreciate it if they didn't leave The Apartment in the same condition". These are non smoking accommodations, yet the bedding on a single bed had a burn hole in it. There were empty cigarette lighters left around. Although we expect to clean after guests, with a typical changeover taking 4 hours, the cleaners should be respected and we do not expect the property to be returned in such a condition. I suggest if you are considering booking The Mews that you read the reviews on the Blue Chip Holidays Site.

Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing