This was our 4th stay at The Downs & we were not dissappointed. We only booked a few days prior to our visit & I think we were very lucky to get a room on the front with a balcony which gives stunning views - to sit & watch the world go by, people watch this is ideal.
Due to the lateness of our booking Kate could only offer us a small double for the 3 nights, but this was fine caused us no problem,the bed was comfy theres a kettle tea, coffee & biscuits,tv plus en-suite facilities - its the balcony that makes the room. We decided to stay an extra night, but we had to move to a rear room which again was fine & Kate & staff moved all our things for us - nothings to much trouble for them . I would certainly recommend The Downs from very tatsty breakfasts welcoming staff & very comfortable clean rooms.
Once again Kate & Ed you've made our holiday THANK YOU.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WINNERS of South Devon B&B, Guest House and Inn of the Year for 2013. 4* GOLD Visit Britain with Breakfast Award 2015 and 4* GOLD AA with Dinner & Breakfast Award for 2015. Situated directly above Babbacombe & Oddicombe beaches, we are a fully licensed family run establishment with 12 en-suite guest rooms, 8 have private balconies which enjoy fabulous unobstructed views across Babbacombe Downs and out over Lyme Bay. We welcome families, young and old, couples and singles alike. All rooms have TVs, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and free Wi-Fi access. Our spacious restaurant and lounge bar ensures you have plenty of room. Suites are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your The Downs, Babbacombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel Torquay
- The Downs, Babbacombe Torquay, Devon