We came to Torquay with the family for a short break away from London. Originally we were going to stay in one of the big hotels down in Torquay but shortly before came across 'The Downs' Guest House. The accommodation far exceeded our expectations, with a spectacular view of the coastline and very comfortable beds. The rooms were modern but still had the charm that you get with older buildings.
The owners and the staff were very welcoming and would always go above and beyond to meet our wants and needs. The cooked breakfast was delicious (one of the best we've tasted!) and the buffet offered many other options. There was also an optional evening meal which we had on one of the nights. The ingredients tasted fresh and the portions were very generous!
The kids had a fantastic time, with only a short walk to the nearest beach and other attractions.
We will definately be returning and would reccomend it to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WINNERS of South Devon B&B, Guest House and Inn of the Year for 2013. 4* GOLD Visit Britain with Breakfast Award 2015 and 4* GOLD AA with Dinner & Breakfast Award for 2015. Situated directly above Babbacombe & Oddicombe beaches, we are a fully licensed family run establishment with 12 en-suite guest rooms, 8 have private balconies which enjoy fabulous unobstructed views across Babbacombe Downs and out over Lyme Bay. We welcome families, young and old, couples and singles alike. All rooms have TVs, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and free Wi-Fi access. Our spacious restaurant and lounge bar ensures you have plenty of room. Suites are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Downs, Babbacombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel Torquay
- The Downs, Babbacombe Torquay, Devon