“Beautiful hotel with a friendly atmosphere”

and 1 more site!
The Downs, Babbacombe
Ranked #33 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Warwick, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel with a friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

I have returned to the hotel many times and it is better than ever. We are currently staying in a room with a brand new bathroom, it is brilliant. The views are fantastic and the service is great. I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed April 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We have just come back from a five night stay at the downs, it was the first time we have taken our dog, every effort was made for us to feel welcome. We even was able to take her down and sit in the lounge to have breakfast, and yes she was even cooked her own bacon!!! The room was compact but absolutely spotless, the views were amazing from the balcony. Kate & Ed and staff was very friendly, and couldn't have done any more for us.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I + Lola our standard poodle stayed at the Downs for an overnight stop on our way to Cornwall, what a shame we only had one night. Kate & Ed and staff do a very professional service for a small and friendly hotel they could not have done any more to make our stay more pleasant.
We had a room on the first floor and what an amazing view over the downs and out to sea.
and what a FAB breakfast we had next morning,I understand Kate the owner doe's all the cooking good on you girl it's the best we have had.
Thanks for making our stay so relaxing, next time we will stay for more than one night.

Room Tip: go for a room facing the sea
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2012

My sister and I have just come back form our stay at the Downs B&B, we had a relaxing couple of days, the weather could of been a little better, the owners KATE & ED what a lovely couple, they made our stay complete.
From the staff being so courtious and so professional the atmosphere was fantastic!
The meals that KATE provided were of a very high standard just as the bedrooms that had excellent views from the balcony.
I can't wait to return

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Leamington Spa, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2012

My family and I visited the hotel briefly, and what a shame we couldn't stay longer. I was impressed with everything from the courteous staff who maintained a professional atmosphere while being able to be approachable. The food was brilliant and they obviously have a great chef to prepare and present the food which throughout our stay was brilliant.

The view from our rooms were amazing and the whole, stay was only made better by how accommodating, helpful and friendly all the staff were with everything from great advice on local attractions and what would be best for our family considering the age of our children to, giving me a few local spots that were absolutely beautiful for me to take some photo's of.

I really want to express my thanks to all the staff, particularly the owners for a great stay in a luxurious hotel, at a great price. We really couldn’t have asked for anything more........other than being able to stay for longer if we had the time.

Room Tip: Our room was beautiful, but from speaking to other customers in the dining room everyone was very ha...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We have recently returned from a 2 night stay at the Downs Hotel, my husband two teenage daughters our little puppy and I. From the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble. The rooms were lovely, one has a balcony with a seaview and the meals were fantastic. Our vegetarian daughter was very well catered for and my other daughter requested a starter as a main course and was delighted with her meal. If you stay here I recommend that you have an evening meal. Having a dog presented no problems at all. The hotel was very accommodating and the surrounding area is ideal for dog walking. On our final morning we discovered that our car battery was flat and the hotel owner was very helpful and gave our car a jump-start allowing my husband to go to a local garage to buy a new battery. We had a lovely stay and will return as soon as we can.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a seaview balcony.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank sandra b
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 November 2011

well my husband and i stayed here in sept and it is a pleasure to say we loved every moment of it food is 5 star hosts were there for anything we needed and i must say the stunning views from the hotel balacony are outstanding u will not want to shut the curtains and go to bed i promise u will love this place .

from sally & steve evans