My husband and i are just back from a 3 night break at The Downs Babbacombe and what can we say ,a fantastic location and lovely hosts .Kate and Ed made us very welcome from the very start. When we booked we were told that we would be in room 10 which is a small but perfectly formed double with a balcony,the bed was very comfortable and had decent pillows,the views from the balcony are outstanding even on a very wet and windy day.Breakfast at The Downs was great , a choice of cereals , fresh fruit and juices was followed by a fab cooked full english . The Downs has a classy feel without being pretentious , warm and welcoming and very clean and we shall be returning to stay again,and telling friends and family that it is a great place to stay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WINNERS of South Devon B&B, Guest House and Inn of the Year for 2013. 4* GOLD Visit Britain with Breakfast Award 2015 and 4* GOLD AA with Dinner & Breakfast Award for 2015. Situated directly above Babbacombe & Oddicombe beaches, we are a fully licensed family run establishment with 12 en-suite guest rooms, 8 have private balconies which enjoy fabulous unobstructed views across Babbacombe Downs and out over Lyme Bay. We welcome families, young and old, couples and singles alike. All rooms have TVs, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and free Wi-Fi access. Our spacious restaurant and lounge bar ensures you have plenty of room. Suites are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Downs, Babbacombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel Torquay
- The Downs, Babbacombe Torquay, Devon