Just arrived home from a week of mixed weather in Devon but felt compelled to pen this whilst it was fresh in my memory.......YOU MUST STAY AT THIS PLACE.
Our arrival was welcomed by Kate and Ed who from the minute we arrived made us feel like long lost friends. We were given a choice of rooms and although space would normally be a premium for us the view from (the not too small) balcony rooms were to die for. If you can find a better view then let me know !!!
Having unpacked we went down to the well stocked bar where we met several other holiday makers who it seems were frequent visitors to this establishment and proceeded to tell us how good the food was. At first i thought this is too good to be true.......How wrong I was.
We decided to try the three course evening meal at £15 per head and was not disapointed the quality and size of the portions on offer were outstanding. Not only where they home made, but there was a multitude of choices too succulent to list (Go and see for yourself)
This is the first time we have stopped at a hotel where we would do evening meal as we like to try restaurants all over the country. We ate here EVERY NIGHT. It was that good.
I know this might look a bit over the top but listen.......If you dont enjoy your visit to the Downs then you must have serious social problems. This place is definately the Dogs B#####Ks
We will definately visit again and reccomend it to all our family and friends.
Thanks for a great time!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WINNERS of South Devon B&B, Guest House and Inn of the Year for 2013. 4* GOLD Visit Britain with Breakfast Award 2015 and 4* GOLD AA with Dinner & Breakfast Award for 2015. Situated directly above Babbacombe & Oddicombe beaches, we are a fully licensed family run establishment with 12 en-suite guest rooms, 8 have private balconies which enjoy fabulous unobstructed views across Babbacombe Downs and out over Lyme Bay. We welcome families, young and old, couples and singles alike. All rooms have TVs, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and free Wi-Fi access. Our spacious restaurant and lounge bar ensures you have plenty of room. Suites are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Downs, Babbacombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel Torquay
- The Downs, Babbacombe Torquay, Devon