we booked stay at the Downs for 3 nights from the 29/05/09. we enjoyed ourselves so much we stayed an extra night. The Downs is clean and spacious throughout, the food is good (both breakfast and evening meals). You could'nt pick a better location to spend your holiday. Kate & Ed are the perfect hosts, they are friendly and nothing is a problem for them, even down to borrowing some super glue or mailing a postcard. We had the most excellent Weekend and will return in the near future. We would recommend this hotel to anyone, no matter what age group or amount of people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WINNERS of South Devon B&B, Guest House and Inn of the Year for 2013. 4* GOLD Visit Britain with Breakfast Award 2015 and 4* GOLD AA with Dinner & Breakfast Award for 2015. Situated directly above Babbacombe & Oddicombe beaches, we are a fully licensed family run establishment with 12 en-suite guest rooms, 8 have private balconies which enjoy fabulous unobstructed views across Babbacombe Downs and out over Lyme Bay. We welcome families, young and old, couples and singles alike. All rooms have TVs, direct dial telephones, hospitality trays and free Wi-Fi access. Our spacious restaurant and lounge bar ensures you have plenty of room. Suites are also available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Downs, Babbacombe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Downs, Babbacombe Hotel Torquay
- The Downs, Babbacombe Torquay, Devon