“Scones - and more”

Angels
Ranked #16 of 336 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$10 - US$29
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Angels is a perfect place for Devonshire Cream Tea looking onto the seafront in Babbacombe. Very popular with the locals and recommended to holiday makers.
Livingston, Guatemala
“Scones - and more”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

This little restaurant is situated on the cliff top of Babbacombe, just outside Torquay on the 'English Riviera' and has views stretching right along the south coast to Portland Bill. It specialises in its Devonshire clotted cream teas (all day fare) with a surprising selection of wonderful fresh scones and home-made jams. There are savoury dishes, a variety of breakfasts and more.

• Korean first
York, United Kingdom
“best of devon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

What could I say than wow what a place we stay in torquay for a week every year for the past 7years and started our first of many visits then we come for breakfast which is the best going and if we have time that same day later we call for the most tastiest scones ive ever had always served with lashings of varied jams and cream always beautifuly presented I love how tea is served you can beat fresh what I call real tea and their is no wonder its busy all the time as the food on the menu is cooked and served beautiful and so fresh its omne of my main where to go first of my holiday credit to the owners the hard work they put in to have food so fresh and the staff spot on credit to them for good service they provide ide like to point that out as one morning when we was there someone did complain that service wasnt good as they hadnt had there jam brought out it doesnt hurt to ask and it was promptly rectified with an appology aswell i felt bad for the guy who served them they was just complainers even I could sense it within miutes of them sitting down , I and I here many others say what a fine experiance angels is you feel like youre in taste heaven when dining here just wished I could move you to york ide never be away

“Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

Went here with my partner for my fifth birthday treat we ordered the angelica full tea it was to die for we had a round of sandwiches each of our choice cinnamon toast scones jam and clotted cream of our choice then a piece of home made cake of our choice and a big pot of tea we were bursting when we got out so lovely the service was quick place is very clean only advice is to reserve a place as it's always full to the rafters I am defitely going back again to try something else

1 Thank malcolmcollins
Torquay
“Gorgeous Angelica full tea in the sun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Myself and my husband visited Angels today for my 40th birthday lunch. We booked a table as it does get very busy. We had a table outside in the sun.We ordered an angelica full tea for 2. Service was very quick. What arrived was: 2 coffees with cream, 2 lots of sandwiches of our choice, 2 lots of cinnamon toast (gorgeous), 2 scones of our choice with clotted cream and 2 types of jam and a huge slice of homemade cake of our choice. We ordered an extra slice of cake but it was far too much. We really enjoyed it, very tasty and would definitely go back again, highly recommended.

1 Thank julielangley116
Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Yummy Yummy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

my daughter reserved a table for Fathers Day, as we were away at the weekend we went on Monday she had booked the table at 11am, a little early I thought, I am so glad she did. the place started to get busy while we were eating. the service we received was superb, I did wonder how they cope when full. our table should of fitted three people thank goodness there was only two of us, it would of been far too cramped for three people.
the food was gorgeous home made.
We had a cheese scone and a fruit scone, chutney, jam and cream. they offered chutney as I choose the cheese scone, mmm not sure I did try a little bit of scone with chutney but not for me it did not seem right.
The sandwiches we selected granary bread we did not opt to have it toasted, one Brie and bacon the other cheese and ham, delicious.
Cinnamon toast was delightful, not sure if I would order that again but only through our taste buds.
The lemon drizzle cake was to die for but we had to take this home and eat it much later, as we were so full that cake was our tea.
What a lovely place and I can not wait to go back, they have such a varied menu, I want to try lots more