“Excellent Restaurant ”

Ranked #40 of 360 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$11 - US$38
Good for: Romantic, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: A little taste of heaven in a beautiful part of Devon! Angels is a perfect place for Devonshire Cream Tea looking onto the seafront in Babbacombe. Very popular with the locals and recommended to holiday makers.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This lovely restaurant is situated on the cliff top at Babbacombe opposite the Green. It has inside and outside seating. The restaurant has a nice ambience and everything is well presented. The staff are friendly and efficient. There is a wide range of delicious food and drink on offer at reasonable prices. The wide variety of cream teas are out of this world. The best we have tasted for some time. The portions are large and the quality amazing. It was nice to sample loose leaf tea again. Highly recommended.

1  Thank kazoo2012

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Having passing here a few times we decided to give it a chance. We got lucky as we didn't book a table, but was shown to a table right away. We both had the Angles tea... which comprised of sandwiches, two scones with preserves and clotted cream and a pot of tea. I'd suggest you go there hungry as the portions are huge. Very tasty scones. The young man that served us was excellent ( sorry don't know his name ) very polite. He even said if we couldn't eat it all he could wrap it for us to take away with us. That was everything he even potted up the preserves and clotted cream for us. Thank you Angels for a lovely afternoon tea. Would definitely recommend this little gem.

1  Thank p3psi
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First rotary club day on the downs for us . So popped in to angels for the first time as had past it a few times and read all the reviews . Very very nice sandwiches and scones all served by a very professional young man with a fluffy black beard . Definitely recommend . Food and service .

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

lovely little cafe which serves a really good breakfast with lots of choice, so good you need to book on a Sunday to be sure of a table.

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Would like to say that I had a lovely cream tea here, but I never got to even order! After sitting for 15 minutes (the lady at the next table had been waiting even longer!), someone finally arrived to take my order. Unfortunately, before I could give it to him, he walked off, never to return! The cafe was not busy and there seemed to be more staff than customers. They appeared totally disorganised and disinterested. The lady at the next table gave up and left and after telling the man who had come to take my order how rude I thought he was, I too left! I am visiting from France and all I wanted on my last day was to sample a Devon Cream Tea. Well, after driving around for over two hours I never got one. I would not recommend this cafe, especially their service.