“Best Gelato in England!”

Delphini's Gelato - Reopening April 2019
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Totnes
Price range: US$4 - US$7
Description: CLOSED FOR AUTUMN/WINTER - Back in April 2019 - Delphini's Gelato is a independent gelateria on 5B High Street, Totnes. We serve gelato and sorbetto made daily by us on site, from the finest and freshest ingredients. We source locally wherever possible and use organic milk from local dairies in our gelato and drinks. We always have gluten free cones, and dairy free / VEGAN gelato flavours and cones, plus excellent coffees (Fair Trade + Organic Certified) as well as teas and Italian style hot chocolate. Sampling is always FREE at Delphini's, so come in to try our latest creations. We look forward to serving you!
Reviewed 3 September 2017

Visiting friends, and they took us here, SO glad they did! I'm half Italian, and eat gelato regularly, and I have to say this was amazing! The texture was just perfect, and the flavour of the lemon pie was incredible! As they said to me, it's just like lemon pie whizzed in a blender - but way more delicious than even that sounds! Luscious, proper lemon flavour, not synthetic tasting at all, with delicious bits of pie too! Swoooooon!!!!

Reviewed 30 August 2017

For all foodies, this is the most delicious gelato I have tasted outside of Italy. This maybe a small place, but it is perfectly formed. Friendly and welcoming and with helpful service. Lots of flavours to choose from and each day new combinations available to try. I totally recommend a visit. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Every time I have been to Delphini's I have been blow away by their gelato - new flavours each week and extraordinarily good. I cannot recommend this place highly enough, not just for the beautiful gelato but for the warm, friendly and heartfelt service. Bravo all around.
NB: Belgium Chocolate is a definite champion, whilst the "Better than Bounty" that I tried today was the highlight of my afternoon!

1  Thank missymusson
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The best ice cream I've had in a long time the staff are great I had the caramel biscuit it was great prices are great as well

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My Family and I were in Italy the week before and had our share of delicious home made ice cream. Then we came to Totnes, a trip of 700 miles, and had an ice cream at Delphini's.

It beat the Italian ice hands down. If you've had this ice cream, you suddenly understand what quality means. It's unsurpassable.

Owner Johan and his crew make fresh ice cream from fresh local ingredients. All natural, sweet creamy and delicious. And they do it with hospitality, enthusiastically and while cracking jokes.

It took a 700 mile trip. And completely it was "worth the detour".

And now I'll stop writing and go out to go get us another ice cream.