“Terrible treatment by the owner”
Review of Little Asia

Little Asia
Ranked #41 of 95 Restaurants in Totnes
Cuisines: Chinese, Malaysian, Thai, Singaporean
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
canterbury
“Terrible treatment by the owner”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

We have been eating here for a couple of years putting up with the dreadfully rude service from the woman who owns the place. The final straw came when, after our takeaway orders were wrong consistently 7 times in a row, I turned up to pick up my order and the woman said I hadn't placed an order. She was the woman I'd left the order with,when I told her that she started shouting at me in front of her customers. I was mortified by her treatment considering also the fact that she hadn't reimbursed me for missing items from previous orders. I was beginning to wonder if she had something against me but after reading the other reviews I realise she' just extremely rude and very personal. Her husband came out of the kitchen to see what was happening and all he said was do you still want the food. I told him to take a wild guess and left very shaken. Needless to say we've never been back. We prefer to go to the cafe Asia in kingsbridge for good food and lovely service.
So absolutely NO I would not recommend totnes cafe Asia to anyone at all under any circumstances.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank jacketta n

Totnes, United Kingdom
“Deeply disappointed with poor service.”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

I've decided to stop ordering food from cafe asia given the poor customer service.
Food served in this manner, even when tasting good, is not worth the money.
Also - if you are ordering takeaway - be prepared to be forced to pay delivery charges even when meeting the minimum spend of £15, and for it to arrive late. Also make sure to check if they will add the delivery charge or not.

• Visited April 2013
Devon UK
“I could not recommend to a friend”
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I visited Cafe Asia last night and was most disappointed. We were eating in the cafe which had half a dozen bare tables and the room decoration was abysmal. But never mind we were there for the food. The worse part was that the room was cold, VERY,VERY COLD - in spite of a couple of electric heaters which the lady kindly placed very near our table.
We initially wanted to order the mixed hors d'oeuvre for two but were told that part of this dish was not available and would be changed to Sesame prawn toast. No problem for us but as neither of us liked satay chicken we asked that this part of the same dish could be changed to chilli smoked chicken. The answer most surprisingly was NO - most emphatically NO.
So we ordered different starters - my wife having chilli smoked chicken and myself sesame prawn toast.
While we were waiting I asked if we could have some prawn crackers - 'yes you can but you will be charged for them' she replied. Strange to us because in our part of the country complementary prawn crackers are usually put on the table before the starters arrive. Never mind - different places, different ways.
The starters arrived - my sesame prawn toast was the worst I have ever tasted - two pieces of burnt fried bread with some very thin mixture between them, not identifiable as prawns.
The chilli smoked chicken fried in batter was little more than thin strips of fried batter.

So - was the evening a total disaster? No - the mains came and they were very good - lemon chicken with Kung Po king prawn and Yeung Chow rice. They were very good - well cooked and good flavours enjoyed by us both. As the room was so very cold the food in the dishes also got very cold, very quickly.

When the bill came I was frankly shocked - over £42 for such a small meal with one small lager and jasmine tea (ordered by my wife for warmth!)

I think if you are ordering a Take Away and you know to avoid some things you could possibly have quite a good meal from there. But I cannot recommend this place to eat In.

• Visited April 2013
Berks
“2 out of 3 aint bad”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

Thats 2 out of 3 nights we stayed in Totnes, we just had to go back to this lovely family run asian retaurant with a great selection of beautifully cooked food and good value for money.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Darbridgeboats
Plymouth, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very expensive letdown”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I drove from Ivybridge to Totnes in the pouring rain and awful conditions to get a takeaway for my family. I spent £49 for me, my wife and our two children and the food was so ordinary, tasteless and a complete waste of money and time. They also got the order wrong which I didn't discover until I got back home. Dreadful.

Visited November 2012