“Old world and friendly”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Sydney, Australia
“Old world and friendly”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Resisted the fantastic looking cakes in the window. But had som delicious homemade soup, and good coffee.

Visited March 2014

Bath, United Kingdom
“Fabulous cake and coffee”
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Attracted by the vast array of cakes in the window, we had to stop at Anne of Cleves for tea/coffee and cake and we weren't disappointed. The loveliest tiffin, moist and chocolatey brownie, marvellous flat white coffee and generous pot of Assam tea for under £9. Service was great, friendly staff and speedy without being rushed. Just great.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Libby M
Jo M, Owner at Anne of Cleves, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review the restaurant - we encourage our staff to allow customers to take their time - tea cannot be rushed!
Widecombe in the Moor, United Kingdom
“Nice cuppa”
Reviewed 2 March 2014

I visited this traditional tea room on a Sunday lunchtime with two friends for a quick bite to eat. I had the buck rarebit but sadly the poached egg was hard. I specifically asked our waitress for a soft egg but that was not too happen. Of course I could have complained but frankly the staff were rushed off their feet and I didn't want to cause a fuss. My friend had the bacon and scrambled eggs which looked to be a far better option frankly. I will have that next time! I have been here in the past and can recommend the wide range of cakes.

• Visited March 2014
Jo M, Owner at Anne of Cleves, responded to this review, 13 March 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about our wide range of cakes on offer. i am really sorry that your poached egg was overcooked and have passed your comments on to our chef to improve our service. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Verwood, United Kingdom
“Nice proper English tea room”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

If you want a proper English tea room which serves up nice cakes and meals then go to Anne of Cleves tearooms in Totnes, Devon. Great real interior with that "feel" you can only find in a real tearoom. A big range of homemade cakes and fruit pies.

My choice the apple pie with Devon clotted cream ( I'm sure they use this to build houses with !) and a good pot of tea. Other white and dark choccie cakes and others available but I couldn't manage them this time ( give me time !). My wife had fruit scone devon cream tea, can't fault that.

• Visited February 2014
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely cream tea”
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

We had a big breakfast so perfect for an afternoon cream tea to follow.
This is an old fashioned tea room
With friendly staff helping what can only be described as demanding customers.
Odd to have a hairdressers upstairs too.
The scone was great lots of cream and jam and a nice cuppa.
Good stop off place.