“TWINNING DINNER”

Royal Seven Stars Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Totnes
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Over 80 people attended the evening meal. It was Ashburton twinned with Cleder, in Brittany. It's an ideal venue for having a function. The meal was excellent and the staff attentive to our needs. Well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
royalsevenstars, Manager at Royal Seven Stars Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

We are always happy to hear that we can make a night special for a large group. Thank you for the review and we hope you will consider us again for your next big event.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My friend and I just spent four nights here over a bank holiday weekend which makes things quite a bit livelier than normal. We each had a premium single room overlooking the street and above the bars which made for noisy evenings well past midnight which we tolerated but could have done without. I'm not sure if there are any quiet rooms over a busy weekend...

The hotel is beautifully decorated with all kinds of interesting things to look at on the walls and the three food venues offer great menus and excellent food. We especially enjoyed the fantastic breakfasts in the mornings and had a lovely dinner in the fancy restaurant on our last night which was just wonderful.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful and remembered who we were each time we came and went. The location is very central and convenient to everything. The rooms were comfortable but of course not very modern in some regards like the windows not closing properly. Lovely big bathrooms with a shower and a tub which was a treat. The mattress was a little lumpy but fine. The big deluxe rooms looked fantastic and would definitely be worth a splurge.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for all of the kind words. One of the advantages of being a smaller hotel means that we are able to offer a high standard of service to you as an individual. We hope you will come back and try one of our deluxe rooms for your next visit.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel as part of my hen celebrations and had a wonderful time. All staff were fantastic, even booking taxi transport to and from the hotel for the 9 people in my party. During the evening, they decorated a lovely private room for our meal where the food was amazing. We enjoyed the over 25's disco afterwards too. Those of us who stayed the night had lovely rooms with great facilities and a wonderful breakfast the next morning. Whatever we wanted during the weekend, it was no trouble. The staff even helped me jumpstart my car the next morning following a flat battery! Now that is service! I can't praise the hotel, staff and food enough. Thanks all.

Room Tip: All rooms booked were superb.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a great find. An ideal location for exploring this side of Devon.
The staff were really friendly and helpful, and very welcoming - a very different feel to big corporate hotels.
The food was absolutelu superb. The bar full of atmosphere - would be great to have entertainment every night.
We would highly recommend a short stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Stayed one friday night and had dinner in their restaurant. Whilst this is obviously an old coaching inn the rooms have been beautifully upgraded to a high standard. Double glazing made our room quiet, despite the hotel being on the main street. Staff were welcoming and parking, although tight is fine if you leave your key at reception.
Dinner was very good- service excellent- food really well presented and imaginative. Very nice breakfast also!
All in all, this was a stop over for us and turned into a very enjoyable stay- the surprise was the entertainment in the bar- one man, one guitar- so much energy!!
Would recommend.
One last thing- be very careful pulling out of the car park- dangerous bend!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My friend and I went for sunday lunch on mothers day.
This is the best sunday lunch I have had in years,
The staff were really lovely. I would highly recommend this hotel.
I would like to say thank you to the staff, and I will be back soon.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank anne t
Reviewed 30 March 2014

Not only was the food excellent but the staff could not have made my Mother's Day lunch with my family any more pleasurable, they were all exceptionally polite, attentive and friendly from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. There was a choice of the carvery or anything off the full menu. I had the seafood salad which was fabulous, and the rest of the family had the carvery. They said the meat was melt in the mouth! - a choice of three meats which I believe is all locally produced. We also had some really delicious desserts and cheeses! It's a must for a visit but you need to book, so I guess that speaks for itself!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Totnes
The Old Forge at Totnes
#1 of 6 in Dartington
The Steam Packet Inn
The Steam Packet Inn
#5 of 28 in Totnes

Been to Royal Seven Stars Hotel? Share your experiences!